cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote Pendant

jackwmssr
Explorer
Explorer
I am fixing to buy a new PD 9260 Charger converter and they offer a remote pendant for free to go with it. But I don't know what that is or what it is for. Could some one straighten me out on this?
Jackwmssr
2000 Georgie Boy,Cruise Air
2002 Explorer toad
13 REPLIES 13

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Some chargers have a desulfate mode. This is useful for keeping the battery usable when the rig is in storage.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, Tells you what stage charger is in and can use to manually change stages - great when trying for a rapid top-off when using genny...

jackwmssr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you . It sounds like I need it
Jackwmssr
2000 Georgie Boy,Cruise Air
2002 Explorer toad

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
Every now and then when I fire up my PD, it is not in the 14v bulk stage. Thank God for the pendant override !

This... for when time doing other things is more important than having a charger take it's sweet time topping off batteries when you really need to get them filled back up with a charge. Sometimes at a slight loss of battery life or length of serviceability.

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
my Powermax always starts in 14.6
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also people have mentioned cases where it lets you drop to 13.6 from 14.4 if your generator is maxed out and can't do it at 14.4. Later you can then put it back to 14.4 when the gen can handle that now.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
Every now and then when I fire up my PD, it is not in the 14v bulk stage. Thank God for the pendant override !

Yep. Tells you what stage of charging it is in. And, lets YOU change it.

So, if only ran batteries down some overnight, and start genny to charge batteries in the am, if the battery voltage is not low enough, it will NOT go into bulk charging. Pendant tells you that, and then you just push the button, and it forces it into bulk charging for a period of time. MUCH better use of benny run time.

It is not free, but is not expensive either.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. My PD4655 has that function built into the 12v distribution board. I am glad it is there even though all I have ever done is look at it to see what the converter is doing.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Never mind what it is, you need it !

W/o it, you mite think its a WFCO ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually its for to grab a different gear in your converter.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it is FREE.. Get it, well worth the no cost.

As they say, it lets you monitor the built in charge wizard and override the thing if you choose... All the functions of the wizard pendant on the 9180 I have. It is not needed, less, like me, you want to know what is going on, but if you do want to know.. Mandatory.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also to see what it is doing.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
it allows you to manually control which cycle the charger is in, if you desire