cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Vent.....not normal depth?

HanksLBZ
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the entire roof vent assembly on my 2004 attitude toyhauler. I bought a kit from camping world thinking they are all the same. Well, the trim piece that finishes off the inside isn't deep enough. It needs to be about 6" tall and the standard is approximately 3"-4". Does anyone know where I can find the correct one? I looked online and couldnt find anything. Camping world wasn't any help either.
Thanks everyone.
06 CHEVY 2500HD Duramax diesel/Allison tranny(with some Xtra power)
04 Attitude T23AK
15 RZR 1000 XP Desert Edition
09 Yamaha YFZ450 (hers)
04 Yamaha YFZ450 (mine)
9 REPLIES 9

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
HanksLBZ wrote:
Thanks everyone. Good ideas. I'll let you all know what I decide to do. The inside trim piece has turned yellow so I'd like to replace it. I returned the vent I bought and asked CW about it. They said they have ordered what I am looking for but were unsure from where. So they're looking into it.

Mine were really yellow. A can of Krylon white was a lot cheaper than replacing the entire vent assembly. I also replaced the vent lids and installed covers. Also painted the ext window trim on both doors.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

HanksLBZ
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Factory RV surplus has these. I ordered them in 5" depth and they fit great. They also have a huge supply of many other things. Not pushing them, just had a great experience using them. Thanks for all the help.
04 Attitude T23AK
09 Yamaha YFZ450 (hers)
04 Yamaha YFZ450 (mine)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One comment about that Krylon spray.

It may stay white longer than the plastic did.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
HanksLBZ wrote:
Thanks everyone. Good ideas. I'll let you all know what I decide to do. The inside trim piece has turned yellow

Krylon Fusion spray paint is made for painting plastic.

Remove it
clean dirt/grime off of it
let it dry
clean it with an ammonia-based cleaner and a stiff (non-metal) bristle brush
rinse it off
let it dry
spray paint it
let it dry
reinstall

The above are the steps I used to paint plastic window shutters with Krylon Fusion spray paint. Why an ammonia-based cleaner? I have no clue. I guess the ammonia does something to the plastic. I only know that it works.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

HanksLBZ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Good ideas. I'll let you all know what I decide to do. The inside trim piece has turned yellow so I'd like to replace it. I returned the vent I bought and asked CW about it. They said they have ordered what I am looking for but were unsure from where. So they're looking into it.
04 Attitude T23AK
09 Yamaha YFZ450 (hers)
04 Yamaha YFZ450 (mine)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to an Siding contractor.. They can quickly make an "insert" that will make up the difference, here are the specs for you..

Measure the opening, should be 14" by 14"

They need to make a box. Six inches (per your measurement, but take the exact measurement) 14 x 14, white side facing IN.

That's all there is to it, With their brakes and cutters will take them just a couple minutes. to cut it from roll stock.. Do not know how much they will charge though.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the inside trim is not damaged, can you reuse it?
Dr Quick

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They make extended inside garnish's. You just have to find the supplier for that brand vent. You trim to fit. Doug

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Contact the manufacturer of the vent. If no luck then you might be able to have one made at someplace like Tap Plastics. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH