cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv GPS programming for Trailer ?

RavenNS
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a new garmin RV gps and wondering about the profile... Do I just program all the specs of the TT , or am I supposed to add those to the specs for the tow vehicle?
8 REPLIES 8

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Tiffin told us at the last Tech school to program TOTAL length for the RV and tow vehicle. Doug
What in the world did Tiffin have to do with any of this?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
PenMan wrote:
It kept trying to send me down dirt roads to nowhere.
Mine would give me that warning all the time.. pulling into a filling station, a McDonald's, wherever. Really annoying.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I finally told mine I was a car. I got tired of being warned "Rv accessibility unknown".

x2. The Garmin tried to route me 50 miles out of my way on the last trip and I had been to this camp many times and knew there was no problem pulling the trailer. It kept trying to send me down dirt roads to nowhere. Garmin really needs to update their programming to show the TV and TT separately.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I finally told mine I was a car. I got tired of being warned "Rv accessibility unknown".
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Which Garmin did you purchase? I've been thinking about the new RV660LMT.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Tiffin told us at the last Tech school to program TOTAL length for the RV and tow vehicle. Doug

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Use the combo dimensions. That unit also allows multiple configurations, so you can have the TV by itself too.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
RavenNS wrote:
I just got a new garmin RV gps and wondering about the profile... Do I just program all the specs of the TT , or am I supposed to add those to the specs for the tow vehicle?

well garmin in infinite wisdom doesn't distinguish between TV and trailer. so for overall length use the combo, for width and height use whatever is wider/taller.

Downside is you'll find it tries to reroute you at times since it doesn't distinquish trailer length. For example I was on a road with a 50ft max trailer length. overall length is 65', but trailer is 32.

So, I was definitely ok, but garmin didn't think so since it just used my 65' and said I was to long.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!