cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide wouldn't go out for 2nd time

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
TT in signature, LR slide has not gone out twice this season a couple months apart. Both times it was in my driveway and at less than 5* angle towards the front. I know there are different types. I'd say this is electric. A small electric motor and gear box. We've had the TT 4 years and this is the first time we've had problems. When I push the out button it just makes the ratcheting sound like it does when it gets to the end of it's travel. I have to crawl under and manually turn the end of the screw a 1/2 turn and then it goes right out when I repress the button. I'm thinking a worn tooth in the gear box?
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel
2 REPLIES 2

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
On our old rig, we had to put half a turn on the manual crank for the big LR slide before it would go out. It just became part of normal operations - it was never bad enough to repair.

grizzzman
Explorer
Explorer
mooky stinks wrote:
TT in signature, LR slide has not gone out twice this season a couple months apart. Both times it was in my driveway and at less than 5* angle towards the front. I know there are different types. I'd say this is electric. A small electric motor and gear box. We've had the TT 4 years and this is the first time we've had problems. When I push the out button it just makes the ratcheting sound like it does when it gets to the end of it's travel. I have to crawl under and manually turn the end of the screw a 1/2 turn and then it goes right out when I repress the button. I'm thinking a worn tooth in the gear box?

Sounds like the clutch inside the gearbox is weak.
2019 Ford F150 EcoBoost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S. TM2030 SC2030
640 Watts Solar. Costco CG2 208 AH and Lifepo4 3P4S 150 AH Hybrid. ElectroDacus. Renolagy DC to DC charger. 2000 Watt Inverter.
Boondocking is my Deal