cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout maintenance for a 2005 Southwind

exportman
Explorer
Explorer
I have just lubed the living room slide to my 2005 Southwind. However the mechanism for the bedroom slide is not visible looking under the slide. How do I access it? Is it under the bed frame and how big a job is it to see the mechanism? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

exportman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Does seem like a design flaw that it is difficult to be able to perform a routine function. Anyway, I'll get going on pulling out the plywood and seeing if I can get at the mechanism to inspect and lube it.

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is under the bed and the plywood is stapled down. Pop the staples loose and take the plywood out. I then cut the plywood in two pieces so it was easier to remove in the future and reinstalled each piece of plywood with screws for easier removal in case of trouble down the line. be advised you can only do this job with the slide in the OUT position. Check all the slide parts to make sure they are fastened tightly to the floor and are aligned properly. I can't remember if you have to take the bed hinge loose and remove the bed to do this job, been ten years since I did mine. Take a look at how you would manually open or close this slide if you ever had to while you have it open, A tough job in my opinion if you ever had to do it in a camp ground with the bed sticking part way under the closet. Lucky I have never had to do it on a trip.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD