cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Some Verbatim Gossip About Chinese LED's

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
As many of you know I maintain rappor which Chinese OEM's especially LED manufacturers. Here is a mildly amusing reply from "Dain" regarding mislabeled (intentionally) 10 watt chips. Enjoy...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for your kind reply mail.

It is a bad news that you meet many troubles in your last order 10W.

First of all, the 10W Led has 9 pcs Led chip. Each Chip has 3-3.2V. The led has 3 chips connected in parallel and 3 pcs in serial..
So the Current is 350X3mA= 1050mA. The Voltage is 3X3V-3.4X3V ..So it is 9-10.2V. This is 10W LED.

If the salesman told you it is 9-12V...He is telling lies..Because many clients want to buy 12V led and use battery to drive it directly..So some salesman always said it is 9-12V to attract the business. They are not expert..Because if it is 12V, it is 12.6V..When adding the driver watt..Total is around 14-15W.

For Led, many small factories located in China,Guangdong..(The best is in it..the worst is in it..You know if a lake is big, there are many different fishes.) Some factories do not produce led and then sell LED..They only know the watt and color..(Sometimes..their main business is led lamp..not led)

As you see, our factory only worked in high power led 1-300W and 5mm 8mm 10mm LED from 2006. We do not have other products..Only produce LED. I have found them factory for 8 years and I already worked in Led packing production field for around 10 years.

If you still want to have a try of 10W led, please give us a chance. If not, we can discuss more about the LED. It is my pleasure to help u to design your lamps.

Thanks and best wishes

Dain
3 REPLIES 3

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gee, sounds like a nice enough guy....

mena661
Explorer
Explorer

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Sort of confirms what I have thought about Chinese LEDs (is there any other kind). Buy one and try it before you buy a whole bunch.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory