cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source for rectangular RV a/c ducting

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble locating a source for the narrow rectangular aluminum ducting that is used (usually in the ceilings for A/C units) in RV HVAC systems.

I'm in the process of restoring a 40 year old RV, and am adding a roof A/C unit. The used A/C unit I ended up obtaining is designed for ducted use (though it can be run with a straight down discharge), and since I already plan to take down the interior ceiling, and figured it would be a good time to route a duct line over into the nearby cabinets so I can add A/C ducting around the unit instead of just freezing us out in the dinette :).

Thanks!
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL
16 REPLIES 16

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Just use round flexible ducting

LINK

The ceiling is only two, maybe three inches thick, frame-wise, the rectangular duct work will fit as its 2" tall (I'm taking the measurements from the ducting that's in my fifth wheel), but I'd have to crush the hell out of the round ducting, plus it would be a great deal more difficult to box it in as the Duo-Therm Quick-Cool (This thing is bloody over kill, but for $150, I'm not complaining) I got doesn't have any special output connectors, you just box in the ducting in the ceiling and install the inner diversion plate for the air return and discharge.

Round will work for the rest, but I need a rectangular section to use as the main trunk from the A/C unit into the wardrobe cabinet where I can branch it off without wasting space.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just use round flexible ducting

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31