cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adjustable round vents for furnace

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a solution to my bathroom heating up far faster than the rest of my rig. I have three vents from the furnace: one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, and one in the main living area. The bed and main area stay relatively warm, but the bathroom is roasting, even with the door open. I'd like to replace the round vent cover inside the bathroom with something adjustable so I can direct more heat to the other rooms. I've been searching for something I can use with no luck. Has anybody found something like this, or would I be forced to convert it to a rectangular household version?

Also, since I have a toy hauler without a separate garage, I'd like to add another furnace vent a little further back by the bunks. It gets a little chilly back there and I currently use a tower electric heater. I won't be able to do that while boondocking unless I run the generator at night and I don't want to be that guy. Furnace sits right under the oven with a vent out the side. I'd like to split off of that line since it's right next to the furnace. I'd rather not route the ducting outside but I don't want just bare ducting underneath the bench seat. Any thoughts on this? Some sort of carpeted tunnel over the wheel wells maybe? I have a lot of space to play with.

Thanks in advance.
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.
19 REPLIES 19

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replaced the vent in the bathroom with One Of These
Easy to do and now the small bathroom is not like an oven and the RV heats more evenly.

Just returned from a trip to the beach using this the whole time and I found that the furnace ran a lot less and there was more even heat to the rear bedroom and the front of the RV.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The thermal cutout would open if temperature reaches that level.(ECO)
Only thermal fuse I know of is in the Atwood water heaters.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
aruba5er wrote:
if you put in a new damper, you will reduce the airflow and make it even hotter, maybe to the point where the thermal fuse pops. Very good idea to try to add a register or two.

I also have the same problem in my small bathroom,but I have never heard of that thermal fuse. Would that be a real problem if you put a damper to slow the flow of hot air into the bathroom and put more out to the other vents?
Buying A Rental Class C

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
I'm honestly thinking of trying the coffee can lid solution first. The price is right. Worst case is that I have to do something else. Thanks for the advice all.
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
These are the same ones that Chris linked. It has a better photo.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
The register models have the ability to reduce the flow, where the grills just change direction.

Oh, I see what you are saying. The REGISTER models that are 3rd and 4th down on the list have the ability to reduce flow. The GRILL models that are 1st and 2nd on the list do not have that ability.

My confusion was because the picture was of the GRILL model. I'm sorry.

Not a very well designed web site.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
Poor you. My rig had NO heat in the bathroom. I added a register in the bath, In the hall and 1 more in the lower, all to reduce the heat coming out of the furnace. They had, like yours, 3 outlets. Way too few outlets to get rid of the heat. And if you put in a new damper, you will reduce the airflow and make it even hotter, maybe to the point where the thermal fuse pops. Very good idea to try to add a register or two.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
For the register, you can go right to the source- many options to choose from.
For ducting, I would try to stay in the "envelope", and try ductboard if nothing else.
-- Chris Bryant

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it's not white as the heat vent would be on the floor. I had a similar problem with my A/C in the bathroom. It'd freeze your nips straight off! I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095TEFNA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Fortunately our furnace vent were standard rectangle size and I picked up my replacement at Home Depot or Lowes.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be but with shipping and $7 small part fee about half the price at RVupgrades!
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Those are same ones in my link.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe What you need is one of These The picture and description all show the vent with a damper.

I have used this vendor and they seem to have very good prices and fast reasonable shipping.
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The register models have the ability to reduce the flow, where the grills just change direction.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Sounds like you are looking for one of these Registers. Not the grille, the register is adjustable.D&W Rotaire register
Another one is from JR products part number HV4DOAK-A

That looks like the factor registers in my TT. They do not throttle from on to full off like that as says. But, they do change the direction of the airflow.

I'm skeptical of that ad