cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

starnge numbers on odometer read out

spmrt
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Mercedes view rv with just over 4000 miles. JusT recently while driving I heard bell like ding and I saw my odometer read outs disappear and was replaced by the numbers 71d then 72d the dealership has no idea what this is only last a min then my readouts come any ideas
7 REPLIES 7

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Spmrt,
Please post the solution when it occurs.

spmrt
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the info, and yes I checked the owners manual there was nothing to address this issue. I had a service tech look at this intermittent issue he had no idea what is was and had to call the plant after several calls the engineering department will get back to me. I am still waiting again thanks all

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:
Have you looked in the M-B chassis owners manual?

X2, even my lowly Ford owners manual explains every possible message symbol
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you looked in the M-B chassis owners manual?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Outside temperature?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a wrench symbol displayed with the number? If so, the display could be telling you that you're xx days away from or overdue for service A or service B. If there's a minus sign and the number increments every day, you're overdue. If it decrements every day, you're approaching the service date. This can happen on a fairly new rig if the chassis has been sitting for a long time in the RV builder's inventory. The first oil change is due 24 months after the chassis rolls off the Mercedes assembly line. You wouldn't be the first Sprinter buyer caught by this.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the engine control module is erroneously telling the display the odometer has entered calibration mode.

Search out a very large car Mercedes dealer near you and call the service manager. Dealers that sell and service the automobile 600 model ususally have a red-hot tech dept.

Good Fortune