Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suspected leak in 1 year old Mallard travel trailer -

ScottyP5947
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RV friends!!
I have an IDM245 Mallard travel trailer and it's been great so far. Before leaving on a trip the other day I noticed some water under the axle. I looked and it was (slowly) dripping from around the propane connection under the refrigerator. Our refer doesn't have the drain coming out of the side of the trailer like some I have seen so I just assumed it was condensation draining out and didn't think anything more of it.
Had a fun weekend, no issues, and when I took the TT to the dump station this morning I noticed another small puddle under the coach when I was parked. I was draining and refilling the black tank over and over and when I looked under the coach there was a slow drip of water dripping from around the rear low point drains, where it pokes through the underbelly cover and has spray foam around the pex piping. It's a SLOW leak but it's there. As for other symptoms, I have only heard the pump run ONCE when nobody was using water. I figured it was an air bubble but maybe not now that I have found other evidence.
I am somewhat handy but have never peered under the underbelly of a TT. I don't want to damage the underbelly nor do this the hard way so I am soliciting some advice before I start tearing things apart. Do I just start removing the bolts holding the underbelly cover off and peek in? How should I proceed with this? Thank you all in advance -
Scott P
5 REPLIES 5

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Refrigerator drain hose not routed correctly - very possible.

click

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has an outside drain like most rvs so I hope that is the issue.

ScottyP5947
Explorer
Explorer

This was not routed anywhere, is that normal?? It was just laying inside the refrigerator area. I routed it outside the side vent. Could that have been the source of my water? Is it normally coiled like this?
Thanks
Scott P

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
You can either un-screw the underbelly and let it down until you can see what you need to see or you can cut a window in the belly sheeting.

They make a tape to repair the window that works just fine.

If it is insulated all of this will be wet and it will probably to let athe whole area down so it will dry.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
ScottyP5947 wrote:
Do I just start removing the bolts holding the underbelly cover off and peek in? How should I proceed with this? Thank you all in advance -
Scott P

YES! Water is the death of a trailer, you need to get on top of this pronto. The underbelly material is probably cheap Coroplast, so not much lost if you damage it.