cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tandem axle equalizer

ridemtra
Explorer
Explorer
anyone have an equalizer flipped over with the rear leaf spring below equalizer have both sides in the same position can this be returned to original position without total disassembly
5 REPLIES 5

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
ridemtra wrote:
what was your procedure thinking of lifting to relax suspension and jacking under equalizer link?
Yes that is it. Push link back into position as you put weight back on the spring.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
ridemtra wrote:
anyone have an equalizer flipped over with the rear leaf spring below equalizer have both sides in the same position can this be returned to original position without total disassembly

They will flip back into correct position. We had one do this last year while traveling on Indiana interstates. The guys at Equalizer noticed it & pointed out next bump in the road should snap it back. Sure nough by Tx it was healed

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jack on axle or end of equalizer bar that is correct and using a bar you can snap the wrong one back in place...it may go back on it's own.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

ridemtra
Explorer
Explorer
what was your procedure thinking of lifting to relax suspension and jacking under equalizer link?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes and yes.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...