cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thermistor adjustor range

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
I have the dial type of thermistor on my Dometic 2652 RBX refer for about a year now. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the refer temp anymore. It measures 0 ohms on the warmest setting and 700 ohms on the coldest setting. This does not seem like enough as the thermistor test range is from 7000 to 10000 when in ice water.

It would seem that only adding 700 ohms to my thermistor which measures in the 8400 ohm range would be enough to vary the temp.

Any thoughts.
RVing since 1995.
4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
joshuajim wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:
36 degrees is 8347 ohms, 33 degrees is 9101 ohms. Here's the chart of values for Dometic standard models.

Thanks for the chart. Am I mistaken that domestic states that the ice water check of the thermistor should be in the 7k to 10k range. Given that, the refer could vary between 30 and 42 degrees with different thermistors.

That 7K to 10K figure is given really more for a rough guide- they normally just work or are bad.
-- Chris Bryant

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
36 degrees is 8347 ohms, 33 degrees is 9101 ohms. Here's the chart of values for Dometic standard models.

Thanks for the chart. Am I mistaken that domestic states that the ice water check of the thermistor should be in the 7k to 10k range. Given that, the refer could vary between 30 and 42 degrees with different thermistors.
RVing since 1995.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Quicksilver has a stainess steel 5-watt thermistor with a 10-turn pull down pot wired counterclockwise. The pot is OUTSIDE the reefer right alongside the refrigerator/freezer LED thermometers and alarms. Opening the door, removing top shelf items, heating the refrigerator to 50F just to tweak the temperature seems so, so, Cro Magnon.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant