cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

toilet ball is not sealing.

balfour
Explorer
Explorer
Should I put Vaseline on the rubber seal?

Can you replace the seal?
8 REPLIES 8

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
READ instructions for your toilet. Many say to let foot slip off off pedal and let ball snap back into position for a good seal.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

balfour
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all for your advice.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Balfour
Have you tried searching the subject? This exact subject appears about once or twice a month. If you search the subject you will see LOADS of thread on the subject.

Keep us posted. Seals can act real strange! On a 3 week trip to West Coast & back my seal was not sealing. After the trip we took a ride to the beach and low & behold the seal was holding water! Go figure. Prob. just needs a good cleaning.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

rooster2
Explorer
Explorer
Toilet paper etc gets caught where seal closes. Using a regular home toilet bowl brush cleaner gets the crud out. Stick brush in about half way and turn it.
">

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
No to Vaseline. No petroleum products. Plumbers grease, olive oil work great. Clean as directed above. We put olive oil in ours when not in use as suggested by Chuck&Gail. If you need a new seal I may have one. Let me know what the part number is as I have one that I bought for the last TT and didn't use.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Moved from Forum Technical Support

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My toity came with one of those tan disposable finger-nail file thingy's that mimics a medium grade of sand paper. The instructions said to use it to clean the underside of the rubber seal if it starts leaking.
Also, I've found that just using a brush and some toilet bowl cleaner under the seal will stop it from leaking as well.

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
Yes to both your questions. Also, before you do any of that, you might run an old toothbrush around the groove that the slide valve fits into. Sometimes toilet paper or an object gets stuck in the groove and prevents the blade from making a good seal.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel