cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer brakes

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
I have read about disk trailer brakes http://www.mrtrailer.com/kodiak_hydraulic_disc_brakes.htm
that seem to be more the last word on the issue.
Are there new 5W that come with it stock?
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
7 REPLIES 7

liborko
Explorer
Explorer
One of recent issues of Trailer Life magazine had very good article about conversion to disc brakes. I converted my boat trailer brakes to disc with following benefits:

-better braking
-no need for brake adjustment
-no need for bearing repacking if Bearing Buddies are used.
-it is easy to observe inside seals for leaks because drums don't have to be removed.

Like pure sine inverters, other type brakes should not even be available.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
One advantage of having the right TV is that you don't have to rely on the trailer brakes for steep grades.

Still, is there a description somewhere that shows how to do the conversion including the hydraulics?

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Going to disc brakes was the best thing I did for my camper, without a doubt.

I used to get white knuckles when approaching 6 or 7% grades on our cross country trips now I just laugh, even 10% is a joke now.

Also, they are overall so much smoother in operation then the drum brakes. I was ALWAYS fiddling with the adjustment on the brake controller when going from highway to traffic conditions and never could get them right. Always squealing grabbing etc., even after complete replacing the drum assemblies.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

danoren wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
Redwoodsand drv come stock or you can also get from titan brakingaconversion kit

Mine is to old to do the change but when time comes to trade I will be looking for disk brakes.
BTW what is drv?

Too old ?? never too old. . . A COMPLETE Titan kit can be had for right around $1800.00 give or take , that's shipped to your door ! If your handy , and have the tools and time , I have read of folks completing it in a weekend...
The Redwood's offer it as an option , that was NOT on mine when I purchased it.. I just did the upgrade and will never go without them again !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
DRV
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
Redwoodsand drv come stock or you can also get from titan brakingaconversion kit

Mine is to old to do the change but when time comes to trade I will be looking for disk brakes.
BTW what is drv?
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer