Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unknown inverter code flashing

Gallifrey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I have a Xantrex Pro XM1000 inerverter in my class A. In the last couple of days it started flashing the code "AL1". This code isn't listed in the manual, so I have no idea what it means or how to clear it. The inverter appears to be functioning correctly in that it still supplies 110 volt power and lists the supply voltage when the code isn't showing.

The supply voltage is around 12.6, so it shouldn't be a low voltage alarm.

Any idea what might be wrong or how to clear the code?

The manual is pretty basic, so I figure there might be an installation manual that'd tell me more, but I can't find anything like that online.

Any ideas? Thabks. For any help.
6 REPLIES 6

Gallifrey
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I figured out what was wrong and fixed it. Here's what happened:

I contacted Xantrex and they've been walking me through some troubleshooting. The latest thing they wanted me to do was to test the cable since they thought that might be the problem.

To test the cable, I just unplugged the controller from the wall and plugged it directly into the inverter. That didn't fix anything. But, I thought maybe the cable coming directly out of the controller is bad. So, I opened up the controller to see if I could replace that cable. I couldn't and I put the controller back together. When I plugged it in, it worked without the "AL1" code! Strange. Also, when pushing the buttons, I noticed that now the "Select" button clicks. It didn't do that before. Previously it was kind of mushy, even though it worked. Plus, now by holding in the select button, I was able to make the AL1 code come up, basically replicating the earlier behavior.

So, to figure out what happened, I took the controller back apart and noticed that if I misaligned the button that's directly on the circuit board a little from the external button, it remains clicked in and mushy when the board is put back together. So, I think it was always misaligned ever since it was installed but had just enough play in it that it worked until cold/heat expansion, jostling, or something else pushed it over the edge and caused it close the button circuit all the time, thus causing my problem.

Now I'm also able to change the AL1 code to AL0 by clicking the Select button when the code is showing. I wonder what that code does? There's nothing in the manual about it but, as mentioned in the thread from the other Xantrex product manual, it might turn off or on the alarm. I'll play with it and figure that out.

Thanks to everyone who responded with ideas.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
We have had good results phoning Xantrex and actually talking to a tech.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Curtis replied saying to check battery voltage and voltage at the 12v terminals. :R

Feel free to follow up.

Case number: 00297384

Case Subject: Display code AL1

Curtis
Customer Service
Xantrex Technology Inc.
Email: customerservice@xantrex.com
t: (408) 987-6030 / (800) 670-0707
f: (604) 420-2145

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Yes that was too easy. Just for fun I sent an email to Xantrex ๐Ÿ™‚

Gallifrey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link, smkettner. I did find that when doing a Google search, but following those instructions does nothing. I.e., holding the power button for five seconds only turns the unit off.

That's not actually the type of inverter I have, though the panel looks almost identical, minus the model name and number.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad