cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update! Suburban NT-20SE dead. Help with time delay relay.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings, I have a 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 with a Suburban NT-20SE furnace. When I turn the thermostat up, nothing happens. The fan does not come on at all. I've gone through a few troubleshooting steps and here's what I have so far:

- I checked continuity on the back of the thermostat and I get continuity with the switch in the on position and the temp setting set to 90 degrees (max).
- I connected the two thermostat wires directly to each other to bypass the thermostat and nothing happened.
- I have 12V at the thermostat.
- I have 12V at the red wire on the furnace and ground is good on the white.
- With the thermostat in line or bypassed, I have 12V on both thermostat leads indicating a complete circuit. With the thermostat off, I have power on only one lead.
- I disconnected the leads on the limit switch and I have continuity.
- I have NO VOLTAGE on either side of the limit switch with leads connected.
- All other propane appliances in the camper are working normally.

I would like to check the time delay relay shown in the service manual, but I don't know where it is. Do I need to pull the furnace to locate it? Are there any other things I should check?

UPDATE: I pulled the furnace and discovered that one of the connections to the time delay relay had loosened up. They are small blade connections, so I crimped the connector down and now it is good to go. Additionally, the TDR was on the rear of the furnace, not on the board like the manual showed. It was easily identifiable.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.
2 REPLIES 2

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Looks as though the time delay relay is on the circuit Board.
Have you checked the maintenance on/off switch inside the furnace?
Service manual

parts Breakdown
Not yet. I have to pull it to access it.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Looks as though the time delay relay is on the circuit Board.
Have you checked the maintenance on/off switch inside the furnace?
Service manual

parts Breakdown

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker