Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrading - Dometic Single control to a one with a timer

MatthewDavis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I just upgrade to a 2013 Forest River Silverback, 5th wheel. And, I'm living in the rig for the next 6 months. It came with Dometic Single control units in the kitchen and bedroom. The kitchen unit, controls the furnace and the AC for the back half of the rig, the bedroom Dometic, controls the AC unit in the bedroom.

Need your advise. I need a thermostat with a day/week timer function, so the furnace will come on before I get up, and before I get home.

What do you recommend?
How about the Dometic Comfort Control II unit ? Looks like its a bit overkill, but has all the functions needed.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
Matthew

2013 Forest River SilverBack 33RL
2013 GMC Denali 2500
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MatthewDavis wrote:
Hey thanks.
Does that mean, there are no other units available, that might be a direct replacement, without have to change the AC controller?

Matthew

Correct, The Dometic system is a one of a kind and not wired like a residential system. Doug

Dometic does NOT have a wire to phone cable adapter kit.

MatthewDavis
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks.
Does that mean, there are no other units available, that might be a direct replacement, without have to change the AC controller?

Matthew

2013 Forest River SilverBack 33RL
2013 GMC Denali 2500

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Due to the wiring of your single zone tstat, you CANNOT add any other tstat. Yes, you will have to purchase the 12 button Dometic wall tstat AND the control board that mounts in the AC unit to go programmable. The Single zone only uses 3 wires, and the 12 button uses a phone type cable with the phone modular ends, but I believe Dometic makes a jumper wire kit to use on those wires. If NOT, then you will have to run a 4 wire phone type communication cable from the AC to the wall tstat hole. Doug