cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Webasto/Aqua hot

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If anyone is familiar with a Webasto diesel furnace, I have one that's acting up. It's the 45-50,000 BTU unit with the 287.962 12V silver control box. I have checked everything I know to check. The hi-limit switch has continuity, the spark sparks, the fuel solenoid clicks with separate 12V power and the blowers and pumps all work. However, the fuel solenoid will not open to allow the unit to fire. I can see that no 12V power is getting to it but am not sure what controls that. What I do know that I believe to be incorrect is that the C6 plug only shows 4.83VDC while all other ports have 12V. Is this an indication that the controller is not good and if so, is that the only way to tell or is there something I can do to test the controller itself before I have to spend $600+ for a new controller?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?
4 REPLIES 4

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
www.hydronicheaterrepair.com is Roger Berke's website. He is the Aqua Hot "guru" and has manuals and troubleshooting info online. HE also sells and ships parts. He is Aqua Hot Certified.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I have the manuals but there's nothing in there that says anything about troubleshooting the controller since the assumption is that you have the dealer module that allows you to test specific things.

Thanks Twomed, I will see if I can find him on E-Bay. $400 sounds a lot better. I did see one listed as used with a 7-day return option, maybe that's the one.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have the trouble tree. If so and it becomes a controller a guy on Ebay rebuilds them...around $400. Old time Bus Nut... I have used his 4 button thermostats for folks, always work.

Good Luck
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Have you downloaded the Service manual for your unit? Doug

http://www.aquahot.com/Library.aspx