Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fan buzz progressive dynamics 4645-

I've installed two of these converters (orig and replacement). Both exhibit buzzing variable speed fans.1. Nothing wrong with the fans themselves-when they operate, they're quiet.2. Occurs when converter is producing about 10 amps and fans are cyc...

tpi by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Little confused, 12v vs. 24v solar

I've got an existing 12v solar array with 1x 130 Watt and 2x 80 Watt for a total of 290 watts @ 12v, fed to a 30 amp MPPT controller (Rogue MPT-3024). I bought what I thought was going to be a 200 watt 12v panel to bring me to a total of 490 watts, w...

phemens by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

No DC power to trailer, batteries good

Our trailer has power when plugged into AC but no power with the batteries. Batteries are almost new and ready 12.7 - fully charged when checked with a meter. I made sure the battery cut off switch is on ( turned on and off several times) and all t...

linnemj by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Time to Troubleshoot the furnace

My Atwood furnace worked great when I tested it before buying the coach...I haven't tried to use it since then, but now that it's getting chilly I tried to fire it up, but the blower won't come on.As I turn the thermostat up, I hear a "click" from th...

zach477 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad Ground Connections

Most anyone who has had a camper knows that sooner or later you'll have to deal with bad grounds. Thought I'd share my problems, because they were all so dumb.New Starcraft about 3 months old. No power to jack, lights flicker inside, etc. Tracked it ...

Last golf cart question I promise

If I do not run it for say 3-4 months, but leave the factory charger hooked up will that be OK? I know the batteries will have water... When you first pull the charger in the needle jumps to 15, but as it charges the needle drops to 0 when fully char...

JAXFL by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Axle Problem?

I purchased a 2015 Keystone Hideout with a tandem axle. This trailer has the Correct-Track system. On our first trip, I hit a rut and bent my axle. Long expensive story short, I had to replace my original axle using a reputable repair facility recom...

dtg by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan genny fire but no juice.

I have a Onan 4000 watt genny in the toy hauler that I have ran for 15 hours so far. Went to fire it up this weekend and she runs just fine but I don't get any power from it. Checked the trailer fuse box and the resettable breaker on the genny but ev...

Splendid evening stacked Ariston washing machine

We have a 2014 Itasca Meridian with Splendide stacked washer and dryer. In a hurry I pressed either the stop/pause button or on/off button and now can't use the machine. When in wash mode, with door shut and pause/stop button flashing, I get "door" m...

elec help Please, elec dist box

(Spent lots of time searching here and couldn’t find what I needed)I’ve been having way to many RV problems lately. Latest is my bedroom fantastic fan and fan in bathroom quit working. All fuses turned out to be good when I pulled and tested them. ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

3/4" 19mm Nylon Spiral Wrap Black

I used about 300' of this stuff on the Kelley II. 3/4" is the right size for 2/0, 3/0. and 4/0 inverter cable. But it works nicely for 1 and 2 gauge wire as well.No wire insulation is as tough as Nylon. Not hypalon, not polyvinyl chloride, not Telzen...

Thetford door not closing?

Got a new Thetford installed 4 years ago, just recently sometimes the door doesn't shut - ie, locks open. Was dumping it yesterday, and it stuck open twice. Had to put the gloves on, and reach in to flip it shut. Any easy fixes?

front door awning

The front door awning will not retract. The motor is turning but it will not grab the gear.Thank you for any help Kenny

hogbob by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about battery charger and RV battery for a 5er

Hey everyone, if you've read some of my other questions then you know that I'm still learning about this whole electricity / power thing :). Please forgive the newb-ness of my questions.We have one 12v marine deep cycle battery in our 5th wheel and w...

jayspi by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Overflowing Toilet

This has been some trip! Tonight we're in Gallup and during dinner we hear a "thump" that sounds like it has come from outside. A visual check reveals nothing and I come back inside to my fork.About this point, my wife who is sitting across from me, ...

ian_c by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes