Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

The Muffin Fan! The Muffin Fan!

Pathetic. I don't even know the right way to measure the mm size. Along the straight square edges the fan measures 60 mm square end-to-end all four sides on the Megawatt fan.The label on the fan claims .19 amperes. Around a two watt draw. Brushless, ...

power panel integrated backwards 20A plug?

I've been reading the other thread in this forum about burnt neutral wires in the AC distribution panel. I figured since my RV is 4 years old, I'd better check its wires. I'm happy to report that there is no sign of burning nor any loose wires.When I...

Parallel Yamaha generators can't run the AC now

New user here. I have a TT with a 15k btu AC unit that function perfectly on shore power. Last year we bought a couple of Yamaha ef2000is generators and the parallel kit for boondocking, which we used a couple of times last year with no issue. I'm g...

New Inverter Charger, wiring question

I just installed a new inverter/charger with an automatic transfer switch and it appears to be working properly but I am confused on the ground wiring and want to make sure I don't have a problem down the road.The old converter/charger had a ground w...

honda eu2000i

Looking at table on CW website it suggests that the 2000 can run everything except the AC.Does that mean it can run everything all at once or just come combination of all those things?To jump to the 3000 is an extra 1000$.What can the 2000 handle at ...

n Dometc AC cycle problems

2014 Coachmen Persuit, AC unit driving me nuts. sometimes will run for a hour or more then will stop for two min. on for five min. over and over again some times it w ill run right up to set temp. stop and will not start unless I( shut it off and r...

MR_MAC by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 73536i 2000w Inverter Generator

I have the Champion 73536i 2000w Inverter Generator and hooked it up to my Puma 23FB trailer to recharge my 12v battery. I also have the PI 30 Amp surge protector with the digital readout that I hardwired,I was getting an E 2 message indicating an op...

Stinky gray water

How is it possible that the gray water smells so bad when i always dump immediately after showering? We boondock exclusively and schedule our showers to coincide with areas where we can dump afterward so it never remains in the holding tank over 15 m...

Honeywell RTH111B To Replace Duotherm T-Stat

I have been reading about this thermostat upgrade and have the RTH111B unit on hand to replace a Duotherm that was the original equipment in a 2008 Cedar Creek fifth wheel. I have searched and read various posts, opened the Duotherm to examine the w...

"cheater" plugs

Saw an ad for a "cheater plug" that supposedly uses an adapter that allows 50 amp service to be obtained by plugging one 30 and one 20 amp plug at the same time. Plug rig's 50 amp plug into one end, and other end has 1 30 amp and 1 20 amp plug to be...

Easiest way to wire backup camera

Most RVers love the idea of a backup camera. Great for actually "Backing Up!" and also to watch the toad or to simply see what is behind you while traveling down the road.Backup camera systems can be purchased on Ebay and Amazon for under $50. And th...

Where do I find these connectors

My Atwood furnace has been giving me fits. The control board would just buzz and motor would come on. I finally tracked the problem down to a loose connection in the lower wire on the rocker switch on the furnace. The wire has some sort of blue in...

tmoo by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

What kind of caulking do I need?

I need to replace the baggage door latches (the little things that hold the compartment doors upright when opened) in several places. I know if it were the roof, that I would need lap sealant, but this is the side and one is under the front opening u...

albow by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Digital Recorder

We are writting a blog about our travels, to remember what went down and avoid "senior moments" it would be nice to record our thoughts as we hike,drive ect.Can any one recomend a small recorder with a good memory size that can be easyly carried on ...

danoren by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes