Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sticker says "Start Genny, then plug in cord..."???

So - new rig, new learning curve... Previous rig had Automatic Transfer Switch, new one has 30A receptacle from genny in with shore power cord. Sticker says to start generator first, then plug in shore power cord "or potential for damage" exists. ...

Horrible smell in coach while driving

We'll post says it all and.... It started after I blew passenger duals, ripped through wheel well, floor, propane lines, muffler. I put a post about the damage after I did it end of this August. It's at repair shop parts are in and repairs will begin...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

30 to 50 amp adapter

30 amp motor home plug has one hot leg, one neutral and a ground. A 50 amp plug has 4, 2 hot legs, a neutral and a ground. When you have a dog bone style adapter, 30 at the pedestal to the 50 amp motor home plug, are both hot legs on the 50 amp side ...

little or no hot water flow

my 2006 winn journey developed a no hot water flow so I checked the water heater which was full of piping hot water pulled the inspection covers on the water heater found back flow preventers which I replaced still had no hot flow was directed to wor...

Question for "Blow Out the Water Line" gurus

I have always used the pink stuff, but am thinking of coming over to the dark side. (DW asks "why"?)My question: There is pex tubing from the water pump to the first junction going up to a faucet/shower. Since there is a backcheck valve in the pump t...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

MEGAWATT Cooling Fan Questions

It's cooling fan modification time.The louvered cutout on the aluminum case has 4 spot-welds in the hub. Any idea why?I am planning on full-circle cut-out the holes on both Megawatts, then use coarse, very coarse, screen to deflect junk from falling ...

Well my surge protector saved me one more time.

Well my surge protector saved me one more time. Stopped off at Galveston Island State park on the way home from the FMCA 6 state rally in Conroe. Plugged my Surge Guard in and got a reading of Reverse Polarity and bad ground. Called the office and th...

How's my "6v" Solar working?

So when I bought my new trailer it came with 300w of solar and a Samlex controller. When I first got the trailer home I installed one of the old 12v batteries from my old trailer and it regularly read 13.7 to 14.4v. Before leaving on my vacation I ...

solar

What is the best 200 watt solar panel? Thanks.

ijon1 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

hydraulic slider

just purchased 2001 28 ft Cardinal. Well opened up bed to check and clean. when we went to pull slide in, it almost fell in once it got 1/2 way in. the frame was not connected to floor or bed frame. not sure where it fastens to.. manual is no h...