Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Champion 3,650 vs 3,500

I see where Tractor Supply is now selling a Champion 3650/4500 watt generator instead of the 3500/4000 model. Slightly larger engine. Any thoughts or experience with the larger model? I wonder if the larger motor would be harder to start, for inst...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Space Heaters in a fifth wheel

We are still newbies at this and if the moderator needs to move my question, please do so. We are preparing to take another trip and I am always cold, so I asked my husband if it would be okay to use a space heater to supplement the heat in our unit....

Curlida by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Routing Confusion

I'm not understanding how the 3-way ball valve is supposed to be working. Right now it's horizonal in the drawing below, and yet I still get hot water. In the current configuration is it functioning as a bypass valve that is not sealing very well? ...

philh by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New Batteries and No Power

We put new batteries on our travel trailer and now can't seem to get any power. Power works when the trailer is set up to the generator or house power. But otherwise none at all, and the refrigerator won't even turn to the propane. My husband said...

kfrost72 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Myrtle Beach Winterizing Question

My 5th wheel is spending the winter in Myrtle Beach. Specifically at Willowtree storage yard. We were there to winterize when the storms from the hurricane hit. Never saw so much rain!Anyhow I was planning on winterizing it the same I do when stored ...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Costco batteries saved just in time.

I traded in a 5th wheel in early August for a new one. I had two extra batteries kinda illegally mounted in the pass through storage. I removed them for liability reasons and left 2 batteries in the original battery compartment.I stored these Costc...

CJW8 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

30 amp in-line fuse continually blows

Boy do I need some help! Every time I try to extend the landing gear on our 5th wheel when hitching or unhitching the 30 amp inline fuse blows after a few seconds. We had this problem a few years ago, were told that our house batteries weren't charge...

ian_c by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Golf Cart Question...

I'm stumped. I have an older cart that I've had for two years, but only took it out about 4 times. Now the grand kids want it so I am trying to get it ready. Batteries (T-50)are of an unknown age and went all the way down over this last year. I have ...

JAXFL by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Air Conditioners? Driving myself crazy.

I am replacing both air conditioners in my Big Horn RL 3055. Dont ask why but it will be covered under my insurance. I have been researching Dometic, Coleman and Attwood. I am primarily interested in durability, best cooling and how quite they operat...

rtate by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

new 5er

we just got a new to us 5th wheel it has 50amp can we plug it into our house rdegular plug and not hurt anything in trailer or house we will have company in it for a few months thank for the info

plumbing

I have a 2015 Itasca 27N with constant leaks. After driving 2-300 miles the fittings come loose at the faucets. I tighten them up and all is good until I drive another 2-300 miles, Is tape or thread dope suppose to be on these plastic fittings?

RVMike by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezer icing up

Fridge and Freezer work great however, the freezer seems to be icing up. It's not over packed (lol the last few trips) and is set at 3 out of 5 settings. Fridge temp is at 35-40. Started happening a few months ago and we go a lot. Thanks.

FHU - Solar - Battery Charging

Question on Solar and Battery charging when in FHU Park. I have 600W Solar system with TS45 PWM Charge controller. My battery bank that I am using is 4 GC2. I am a high dc user, during evening to morning I can use over 100AH. TV's, Sat, light led lig...