Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Now have 3 tires @ 2 seasons old & one new

Just had to replace a damaged tire on our TT that has 2 seasons of use and is 1.5 years old. Was planning to replace them at about 5 years old. So if I left it as is, along with a never used spare, would I replace all 4 tires at the 5 year old poin...

Backflow preventers?

This year I had a "brilliant" idea to pump antifreeze through my camper's plumbing by backfeeding through the shower hose.My camper does not have a winterizing kit or hot water tank bypass. It's a long story, but suffice it to say installing them is ...

mkirsch by Nomad II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Storm Cat 900 on sale again

Harbor Freight is offering their 900/700 watt generators for $89.95 right now. I know, I know, they are not Hondas or Yamahas. I paid $90 for one and sold it a couple of years later for $80. I primarily used it in place of dragging out a long exte...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Gold 7000 Starts fine, runs for 10 seconds Code 36

My Onan starts easily, runs for about 10 seconds, then shuts down. reports code 36. Try to re-start but will not, spits fuel out of the intake on carburetor. Wait until the next day, will start right back up, then dies after about 10 seconds. Code...

kmb1966 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery charger vs power converter

I know there is a difference between a power converter and a battery charger but what is it.Some of the new smart chargers look pretty capable.In my old school truck camper all there is are a few led lights.Uses very little power and very seldom plug...

kayco53 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

new power max converter, problems

Replaced wfco 8955 converter with power max pm4b-55-mba converter. I put the new PM in today and followed the testing directions. Step 1. With only shore power hooked up and all DC fuses pulled and battery disconnected (No load): voltage reads 14.7...

shane102 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Shelf life of DEF fluid

I've read that DEF fluid doesn't have a very long shelf life so I was wondering about the fluid that's left in the coach tank during winter storage. Will it be okay for 3-5 months of storage or does the tank have to be drained somehow and fresh add...

HR 03 Neptune front brake pads

I am in No Fla and need new disc brake pads for the front of my Neptune. I am told the Bendick # MKD 786A pad set is discontinued. Anyone have info on replacement pads to these or who to call. Thanks

Charging with internal or external charger

We're going to brave some cold this weekend to get a first outing in our new (to us) Keystone Passport, but likely will end up in a campground without AC power.Realizing we're not going to make it 2 or 3 days without charging the battery, so we'll br...

dcf by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Charge Line on Tow Vehicle Not Working

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado. Everything on the wiring harness works perfectly except the "Charge Line". It is factory wired and worked last year. I have tested the female plug on the truck and everything works except the charge/power line. Does a...

parasitic drain

My rv has a 12 volt valve for the propane tank with to much parasitic drain, is there a way to leave the valve in the open position without the battery drain? ( it has a manual shut off) I tried a large magnet, didn't seem to work. the only way to op...

cdcorpe by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter problem ?

2004 Jayco Class C motorhome . The last couple of nights I have noticed the interior lights dimming and brightening while plugged in to shore power. Also it seems like the furnace blower is changing speeds as well. After doing a little research it s...