cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charge Line on Tow Vehicle Not Working

Daddy_Bear
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado. Everything on the wiring harness works perfectly except the "Charge Line". It is factory wired and worked last year. I have tested the female plug on the truck and everything works except the charge/power line. Does anyone know if theres a fuse anywhere on the truck that would kill the charge line if the fuse was blown?

Thanks
Drew, Lora & our two boys
Sophie our Toller
2016 Chevy CC, LTZ, LB, W/ Duramax & Allison, B&W Turnover ball and Companion fifth wheel hitch
2015 Grand Design Momentum 328m Toy Hauler
Renology 300W solar
Honda 2000i
5 REPLIES 5

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please post any responses here

This duplicate post is now closed
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I had the NBS 2007 Silverado. If I remember correctly, I had to connect the charge wire to stud #1, and supply my own 40a fuse. If you have all that, I believe the truck has to be in tow/haul mode or the lights have to be fully on (not just the DRLs) for that line to be energized.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about GM but Ford has one under the hood. Check in the owners manual and there should be a description of the location of the fuse box and a sketch showing the location of the fuse and what it controls.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mod notified

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
In the fuse box under the hood, there is a 40A fuse labeled "Stud #1" at least on the "Classic" models. Not sure if it's the same on the 2007-2013 body style, but worth a look.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.