cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the name of the male valve on built in tanks??

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
So I got my girlfriend a 2006 road trek versatile.

It has a built-in propane tank like all the other RVs.

The problem is it’s very inaccessible. You have to go in through where the license plate normally would be on a van. And it’s just not at a good angle. Nobody can fill it.

We got a little adapter hose and it worked great in Florida. But where she is now up north, nobody has the right fittings or connectors. So I need to immediately order her a new one. She is up there without heat right now. In the snow.

Underneath the yellow cap, there is a fitting. It’s bigger than the normal OPD valve propane fittings. It’s also male.

What is the name and size of this fitting under the yellow caps? I need to order her a hose with that on one side, and a regular OPD valve type fitting on the other side. This will enable everyone to fill up her tank.

Thank you!

She has driven around to eight places now and spent many hours doing it in the freezing cold with no heat. I could really use some help. Nobody can fill her propane
14 REPLIES 14

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
I have a friend with a Road Trek that has the same LP configuration as your Girl Friend's and the valve lines up with the opening. Would it be possible to rotate the tank, to get the valve lined up correctly?

Richard

Yeah. I don’t really know why this one is messed up. It’s just ever so slightly out of alignment. So the big long filling wand can’t get in there.

We found a place about an hour and a half away that is a bit more professional and creative with things. They are certain they can not only fill the tank, but can also provide her with the ACME on one end, QCC/1 on the other end flexible hose.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend with a Road Trek that has the same LP configuration as your Girl Friend's and the valve lines up with the opening. Would it be possible to rotate the tank, to get the valve lined up correctly?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The 1-3/4" ACME fill port is the same one used on residential and commercial bulk LP tanks as well as permanently mounted ASME tanks installed on motorhomes. Any refiller that handles more than just portable DOT cylinders should have the proper adapter. Motorhome owners have been getting their ASME tanks refilled for many years with little difficulty.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Worst case go to an LP wholesaler/service. In Quartzite Pit Stop. In Flint MI. Parker's propane (google Parkers to find the type of business I'm talking about)

Where you are.. there should be at lest one or two like them.

They may be able to look at it and hand you what you need.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
Can she get a small space heater and plug it in to 120?

No. We need to solve the problem with the propane connector.

She is off grid. There is no power other than her generator. And she can’t run that all night it will disturb people.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can she get a small space heater and plug it in to 120?
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
With your help, I figured out exactly what I need. I just would like to find it on Amazon so she can get it tomorrow. She has no heat. It’s snowing. And I have to keep paying for hotels for the night. Not fun.

Trying to find a 1-3/4” female ACME to QCC/1 pigtail.

That way anybody can fill her up.

Anybody know how to find one of these? Do some of the RV stores carry these? There’s one about an hour and a half away from her. camping world.

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
You have a ASME tank fill valve. USE ASME when checking on connections.
Below is a link that should fit the RV.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/191130398995?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&item...

FILLER VALVE 7647SC
Brand: Aftermarket
4.6 out of 5 stars 44 ratings | 7 answered questions
$29.02
Get a $8 bonus when you reload $100 or more to your gift card balance (Restrictions apply).
Local Business
3/4'' NPT FOR FORKLIFT AND ASME TANKS
Hose Connection1 3/4" ACME
Tank Connection M. NPT3/4"
Wrench Hex Flats1 3/4"
Effective Length2 1/4"

That is exactly what I need! On a pigtail. Instead of the 90° elbow. And I need to find that on Amazon for tomorrow delivery. No matter what the cost. Because right now I’m paying $100 a night for her to be in a hotel.

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
GOOD LP fillers should have such an adapter. Doug

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

I couldn’t agree more. However 8 of them don’t.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have a ASME tank fill valve. USE ASME when checking on connections.
Below is a link that should fit the RV.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/191130398995?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&item...

FILLER VALVE 7647SC
Brand: Aftermarket
4.6 out of 5 stars 44 ratings | 7 answered questions
$29.02
Get a $8 bonus when you reload $100 or more to your gift card balance (Restrictions apply).
Local Business
3/4'' NPT FOR FORKLIFT AND ASME TANKS
Hose Connection1 3/4" ACME
Tank Connection M. NPT3/4"
Wrench Hex Flats1 3/4"
Effective Length2 1/4"

AdvancedQs
Explorer
Explorer
Is it an ACME fitting?