cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who has replaced Schwintec motor?

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
My Schwintec slide failed on our trip. One side was working, the other was not. Stopped using the slide for the rest of the trip and now that I'm home I'm learning as I fix. Who here has actually replaced a Schwintec/Lippert motor? What I found was the motor had lifted up and come out of the coupling. The motor is still good but securing it is puzzling me. There is a "motor retaining screw" that is accessible with the slide out once I pull the bulb seal back. It is a female star machine screw. What's vexing me is what it is actually supposed to do. There was a "sleeve nut" on the inside and it looked like what it does is poke into one of the holes at the top of the motor that allow you to see the brushes. That said, it is merely poking in the oval hole. The motor is not rally "retained". The motor can then partially rotate when it runs, the sleeve nut banging on one end of the oval hole or the other. Is that sleeve nut supposed to be mechanically fastened to the motor somehow?
7 REPLIES 7

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
The retaining screw just keeps the motor from lifting up. As Doug said the important thing is to get the 4 machine screws on the bottom into the nylon block. It is a lot harder to describe than to do.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
See my latest post in "Tech Issues" to see the resolution. Apparently there is more than one version of the slide drive mechanism. Mine is the 'older' version the guy talks about in the video. As long as the slide can be run out, removing the motor is very easy although you have to go through the hassle of removing the many screws to take the outside retaining strip off.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1.That screw is a No. 2 Square head screw. If Torx/Star, someone has messed with the motor mount
2. The motor sits in the nylon block and IF installed correctly the oval hole in the armature case aligns with that screw hole. You install the 1/2 inch screw and all it does is prevent the motor from lifting up about 1/16 inch.
3. The motor CANNOT rotate at all once it is mounted in the Nylon block. ALL the outside screw does is keep the torque from lifting up a little. There are 4 machine studs on the bottom of the motor that mount into matching holes in the nylon block. THAT keeps the motor from rotating al all.
4. The large motor drive shaft is a "D" shaft and you must align that D shaft to the drive mechanism and at the same time make sure those 4 screw studs align with the nylon block. IN THE CORRECT ORIENTATION, to make sure the motor wires do not get pinched.
5. Click this link and you will see the D shaft and the 4 black machine studs. Doug

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Schwintek-Motor-In-Wall-IG-42-10MM-p/46-0942.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq8...

PS, This link also shows the Motor replacement Video.
IT AIN'T THAT EASY!!!!!!!!. It is if it is not installed in the RV:B

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
It sits in the hole to keep it from going up

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
None of the videos really show how the screw holds the motor. Apparently, Winnebago uses the sleeve nut to hold the screw to the weatherstripping. Apparently the purpose of the screw is mainly to prevent the motor itself from rotating. Guess I'll work on wedging something above the motor to prevent it from moving up again. I've found several mentions of that strategy online. Newman, what was the screw put into? The weatherstripping?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Most just sit in the hole its a screw from the outside .I just replaced one on a trailer they used a standard self drilling screw just cut the end off enough to not get in the windings

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Check the u-tube videos
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE