Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wireless camera

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I don't have a rear view camera on my RV. Has anyone had experience with something like this unit?

wireless cam

It connects to smart phones.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
3 REPLIES 3

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
There was a recent kickstarter project for solar powered direct to smartphone camera project. Not sure of current status.

kiwiRVer
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 is absolutely right. This is an indoor camera and totally unsuitable for RV applications. There are outdoor wifi cameras available that can interface with a smart phone via a router however they cost about the same as a full wireless system consisting a dedicated wireless camera and monitor (see innotechrv.com). In my opinion it is far better having a dedicated setup rather than having to connect your phone each time you want to use it. Additionally the smart phone screen really isn't big enough and you have to consider where you put it while you are trying to back up. A permanently mounted unit allows you to use it as a rear vision mirror while you are driving as well as providing back up view when parking.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
This is a security camera designed to be connected to your home network. You can then access it from anywhere on the Internet with a browser or smartphone. I do not believe it's waterproof, nor that it can be connected to a smartphone directly via wireless. There would need to be an AP in between. Good Luck.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad