cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wiring Diagram 2008 Dutchmen Denali 295BS TT

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to help a fellow camper... This Travel Trailer has two slides on the Driver Side. Rear tire on that side tossed a tread. Tore down the Wiring on the Living Room Slide.

Here are the wiring sizes and colors. Easy to ID, all out of their sheathing and dangling...

Black and White, probably 12 or 14 gauge, these are separate wires and they remain intact

Other wires are Zip Wire, like small appliance cords and speaker wire, probably 16 or 18 gauge

Black and Yellow, still intact
Black and Red, first of two, still intact
Black and Red, second of two, seems to have been pulled out of something inside the Slide

Finally, what looks like a "Power Tool Cord." It's intact, round black jacket, imagine it's two wire plus ground.

I'd like to get a Wiring Diagram, and from my gOOgle searches, Thor/Dutchmen isn't going to be any help. Hoping an Owner or Tech has something.

Most of the "stuff" in the Slide is working. I'm guessing the three Zip Wires relate to Entertainment Center.

Next problem will be how to tie this rat's nest up so it 1. Doesn't drag, 2. Doesn't rub a Tire, 3. Lets Slide Open and Close...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB
2 REPLIES 2

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update Two:

We're tucking the wires back into their split flex conduit stuff, and taping it all back in place on the Vee bracket. He's conformed the Vee isn't bent so badly that it'll collapse closing the slide.

Then, take it to a shop at home and let them repair it under an insurance claim.

So, for me, Case Suspended Pending Further Developments...

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update: The broken zip wire is one of the Stereo/Surround Sound speaker wires. It comes out of a "bushing" through the chassis and seems to have stretched and broken at that bushing. We can't see inboard of the bushing because of the trailer's belly covering.

I'd like to add to my question: The wiring is supported by a simple angle iron bracket. It's two-piece, on bolts that serve as pivots on the frame and out at the slide. Then there's another bolt at where the two pieces join in the center. When the slide retracts, the two pieces fold into a Vee shape so the wiring stays above the tires.

Should both arms of this Vee be straight? And, is the Frame Bracket the Vee arm attaches to, a square bend? This one's nearly 45* upward.

Thanks!