cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xantrex charger/inverter stopped communicating with remote

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Xantrex 2500 watt marine version 458 freedom that I had in my fifth wheel for a number of years trouble free. I operated it with the standard Xantrex remote. I sold it along with the remote and cables when I got a new pure sine wave inverter from Xantrex. I've gotten a call from the purchaser of my old unit that he cannot operate the inverter from the remote. He already had a cable so he tried it with his cable and mine and neither turn on the remote. The inverter works great using the controls on the inverter but nothing happens with the remote. Everything worked great when I took it out. Any ideas to trouble shoot? I thought it was the cable until I found out he tried it with his own cable too. He also has a Link 2000 and it will not communicate with it either. So it seems to be in the inverter or its plug.
5 REPLIES 5

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
The unit must be OFF when the remote is first plugged in. It should control the unit from that point.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will suggest as the first step unplug and re-plug the connectors, Both ends, several times... Also inspect the cable for rodent tooth marks.

DeOxIt is good too.. Radio shack, go for the gold (2 step) and use it on both plug and socket.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
My Prosine 1800 used a cable where the connections are reversed so a standard phone cord is a no-go.
Not sure it would do any damage. Yes refer him to the manual or tech support for details.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Bad connections. There is ONE SINGLE BRAND of contact cleaner that is not a fraud IMHO.

DEOXIT D100

It can be found online through Google Search.

This is an important first step. Try it and see. Saved me many a red face.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tell him to download the manual.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman