cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Soon

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
As soon as the new truck comes in (if it ever gets built), the next step is ordering our next toy hauler. Right now, we've got it down to two choices. I doubt we'll be ordering before Christmas but you never know. Everything depends on Ford right now.

We're looking at the Alliance Valor 42V13 full body paint in blue and the Grand Design Momentum 399 also full body paint in blue. If you know anything about these two models, it's obvious a side patio is an absolute must for us. Both run the CRE3000 suspension on H rated 17.5" tires. I LOVE that. They both have free standing dinettes in the living area which is sort of rare for a toy hauler but we hate eating in the garage.

Alliance allows factory tours and we're planning to make a reservation in mid-October. Grand Design is within a rock's throw from Alliance and I'm hoping I can do the same with them.

Other than that, it just comes down to price, warranty, dealer support, etc. I like the GD dealer better but have no complaints from the Alliance "chain" dealer.

Any thoughts or opinions from others here?
4 REPLIES 4

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Grand Design also offers a dual pane window option. If you will be full timing, you might consider that option as well.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Grand Design has an option for 8K axles (which the 399 may already have) with disc brakes. I wouldn't have a toy hauler that heavy without disc brakes. Other than that, we're in our second Grand Design fifth wheel and have been very happy with both the RVs and GD's customer service.

Rob

A great point. I should have listed that as well. Alliance does offer the disc brake option and I already told that dealer if I order from them, that will be chosen. I'm not 100% sure if that bumps the axles up to an 8K option.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grand Design has an option for 8K axles (which the 399 may already have) with disc brakes. I wouldn't have a toy hauler that heavy without disc brakes. Other than that, we're in our second Grand Design fifth wheel and have been very happy with both the RVs and GD's customer service.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thoughts? If you’re gonna wait forever for a truck then I suppose waiting longer for the camper must be part of the anticipation for you?
Other thoughts? 30seconds on google showed me a dozen new GD399TH campers for sale within a few hours of here. I didn’t check your location.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold