cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Hauler Pictures

Y-Guy
Welcome to the Toy Hauler Picture thread. We encourage members to share photos of your Toy Hauler, Toys and Adventures here. You can find our previous Picture thread here.

Pictures posted should not exceed 800 pixels width with 640 pixels the recommended width. Please try to abide by the width of 800, we will edit a post if they are too large, but if it becomes to time consuming we will just remove the post completely. Please do not quote with a photo in the quote text. This thread should be used for posting photos, and not "idle chit chat"

New! Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App!
(thanks to Moderator 1492)

A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).

If you need more help with posting photos please visit the RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Thanks for posting!

dedmiston & Y-Guy

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
264 REPLIES 264

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can get a bigger hemi (6.4L) in the one ton. Good for those that don't need to tow a lot but need the capacity. My new chev duramax is a 3500hd srw.

A buddy bought almost the same dodge as what I had that he uses for his toy hauler. Works great for him but his trailer is a lot lighter then mine.

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
The_real_wild1 wrote:
The best way to describe it would be hauling my enclosed trailer. My dodge was a 6.4 hemi and my chev is a duramax. So of course we cannot compare engines. There is no comparison. So my enclosed loaded is approx 6500lbs. The dodge was always a chore to haul that trailer. To the point I used an equalizer hitch. It took out most of the sway, bouncing etc. I usually had to drive with caution and my full hand on the steering wheel if not both. Always had to pay attention to my speed etc. It was almost exhausting. I got my new truck and towed the trailer the first time 3 hours each way. I forgot a few times I was hauling it. I would hit a bump in the highway and could feel the trailer move around which reminded me that "oh yeah, I got the trailer on" It was that much of a difference. With the new electronic assist steering I can literally steer with a couple fingers and am not exhausted when towing. The truck rides so much better hauling and even more so unloaded. Now comes in the big trailer. My enclosed is 6500lbs. My toy hauler is 17,500. I haul my toy hauler easier in the chev then I did the enclosed with the dodge.

Dodge put a hemi in a 3500? Your new truck is it 3500 SRW?
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

gravessat
Explorer
Explorer

Silverton, Colorado good times
2008 Dodge 3500 Megacab
2012 Voltage V3795 Epic package
2011 Black RZR4
2010 blue RZR4 Robbie Gordon Special!

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Kermit ( West Texas ) Dunes over Thankgiving..

Click For Full-Size Image.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

NemesisR6
Explorer
Explorer
Have a lot of work to do to get it more homely (I personally love the "sanitary" feel of all the bare aluminum and painted surfaces, but the wife begs to differ :)) but here is a few shots of my 2017 ATC 8.5x20.

Looking forward to some camping trips, going to races with the kids, and being a little more comfortable at the track when I am blessed with some time for my other hobby......

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
My 2015 SandSport 18SLE at Painted Gorge.

Mod Edit: I adjusted the photo size. Pictures posted should not exceed 800 pixels width with 640 pixels the recommended width. The first post in this thread has more information and how to's. Thanks.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
The best way to describe it would be hauling my enclosed trailer. My dodge was a 6.4 hemi and my chev is a duramax. So of course we cannot compare engines. There is no comparison. So my enclosed loaded is approx 6500lbs. The dodge was always a chore to haul that trailer. To the point I used an equalizer hitch. It took out most of the sway, bouncing etc. I usually had to drive with caution and my full hand on the steering wheel if not both. Always had to pay attention to my speed etc. It was almost exhausting. I got my new truck and towed the trailer the first time 3 hours each way. I forgot a few times I was hauling it. I would hit a bump in the highway and could feel the trailer move around which reminded me that "oh yeah, I got the trailer on" It was that much of a difference. With the new electronic assist steering I can literally steer with a couple fingers and am not exhausted when towing. The truck rides so much better hauling and even more so unloaded. Now comes in the big trailer. My enclosed is 6500lbs. My toy hauler is 17,500. I haul my toy hauler easier in the chev then I did the enclosed with the dodge.

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
ve6gpn wrote:
My 2014 ram 3500 would have struggled towing this thing dry with nothing in the garage. The new Chev chassis is awesome for towing.

Can you elaborate?

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my Raptor I bought this fall. Also picked the new truck up at the same time. My 2014 ram 3500 would have struggled towing this thing dry with nothing in the garage. The new Chev chassis is awesome for towing.

racegirl007
Explorer
Explorer
I just became a toy hauler owner for the first time a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it! I live in North Texas and my boyfriend and I both ride dirt bikes, quads, and my RZR so the toy hauler is ideal for our hobbies. We have taken it on a few 3-day weekend trips within an hour of our house but I can't wait to take it to Moab and Colorado etc eventually. Mine is a 2004 Thor Wanderer Vortex 33ft, I am interested in talking to other people that have this make/model to share advice with. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as far as destinations to take it and the toys shoot me a message! :C

My Toys: 2015 Polaris RZR 900s, Trans Am, Infiniti 37s (daily driver), Thor Wanderer Vortex Toy Hauler, Dodge Ram, Yamaha 230 TTR Dirt Bike

GunnyE9
Explorer
Explorer
Nice outfits RideSlow Guy !!

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Emigrant Lake, Ashland, OR, couple of weeks ago.

2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

GunnyE9
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice looking rig Sprinks Guy !!

Sprinks542
Explorer
Explorer
Picture of older Fuzion.

Click For Full-Size Image.
15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

Y-Guy
dclutts wrote:

You'll need to upload your photo to a host, if you check the first post of this thread there is some instructions and a quick option if you want to use it.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon