cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1971 Aladdin Car-Pet

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 1971 Aladdin Trailer that is in perfect condition. Took it out a few times already and it is awesome! Only thing is there is no grey water tank. I went to Ace hardware and bought a gutter extension that diverts water away from gutters. Works great however I was told dumping grey water is illegal? All it is is the water from sink and shower. Maybe I will just dump it into a bucket next time. Forest service was out as well and they never said anything??
33 REPLIES 33

Baileys_Buddies
Explorer
Explorer
nice..... very nice !!
2020 F-150 SuperCrew XLT
1998 Sunline Solaris T-2053
Love my Life - My Sweetheart 😉
Maggie our Yorkie/Daschound

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I will try that this weekend. Thanks for the tip

westend
Explorer
Explorer
When baking, it helps to put an extra piece of something between the flame compartment and the oven space. Some folks use pizza stones or clay tile. I'm a tile man.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I will do that and thanks again for the advice. The furnace really does not bother me as I have a propane heater and an electrical one as well but I still want to get it working non the less. The oven is a bit touchy as well. Bought a in oven thermometer as well and still figuring out how to get the temp just right for baking.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest to just pull the furnace to work on it. It's a hundred times easier on the bench and will let you work at cleaning and servicing from all angles. You can proof it by connecting propane and electric while on the bench.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job, great to see some of these retro units being brought back to life.

The furnace could need a new sail switch, also look for a shut off valve that may be closed. If you have a little guy RV repair shop in your area he would be the guy to go to. We have a guy locally that can tell you exactly what the problem is before you can explain what the problem is.

I feel for your buddy it makes one wonder how a company that treats it's customers that sh|!!¥ can stay in business. One thing that I have found to be a serious problem in todays campers is the electrical systems.

The workmanship on the electrical systems is beyond poor, I have gone through and repaired all of the splices and Marettes in my rig. It never dawned on me that I needed to get in back of the converter, a couple of days back I opened up the cabinet that housed the converter. What a mess of wires shoved in how ever they fit, I brushed against a wire and there it goes popping out of the ground block. I don't think the set screw had seen a screw driver during construction.

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
The thing is this. That T.T. I bought is 43 years old. Never had a roof leak or any work performed on it. As I said before the only that does not work is the furnace and I think it may be a plugged line or something as I dont think it's getting propane. Everything else works great and it performed flawles this past weekend. The only thing getting used to is some things run of the battery and others the generator. Now here is the kicker. My friend who was with us also has a new 15 foot coleman T.T. that is a year old. He has has nothing but issues with his and the wonderful folks at Blue Dog R.V. in Post Falls Idaho where he bought it from refuse to cover the damn thing under warranty! He has has the fuse box area replaced and a few other things. So this weekend he charged the battery and low and behold the next morning it was dead. Nothing was left one. He hooked it up to the generator to charge and in about 15 minutes the inside was filled with smoke and smelled like high hell of burning electrical. Same issue he said as before. He also has a water leak as there was water running along the floor along his cabinets. I have heard nothing but bad things about Blue Dog R.V. and I just done understand how the customer service at that place can be so bad. Its not fun to have a broken T.T. while we are out boondocking.

dsoucy1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great inside and out!
2011 Toyota Tacoma
2014 R-Vision Trail-Lite Crossover 189QB

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Very, very nice Joe!
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
ok so now we have photos. Trailer is in great shape for being a 1971. Even came with all the original manuals for appliances. Everything works except the furnance. Will post more pics of this weekend.

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer

Idaho_Joe
Explorer
Explorer