cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1988 Terry 24M

readytow
Explorer
Explorer
Been out of the RV world for a bit. I am looking at an 88 Terry 24M, travel trailer. I know it is wood framed.
However it is in very excellent shape, and the price is pretty good. All appliances, heater, hot water heater, A/C, outlets, they all work.
Was hoping someone may have had, or currently has, one of these, or similar, to give me a little input.
thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like any RV of that vintage, the biggies will be roof age and water leaks.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a 20 ft 1981 Terry Taurus, bought it used, paid too much for it.

Didn't notice (and realize) ALL the water damage and how bad it was until I got it home and started removing panel boards.

Ended up in a full rebuild from the ceiling down to counter top level.

The previous owners didn't fix water leaks in the side corners, roof line and the roof vents.

Had to make all new upper cabinets.

In some respects I was lucky that there wasn't any water damage to the floors (which is unusual).

If your worried about construction quality, don't, basically every RV manufacturer builds pretty much the same way and the fact that it is still "road worthy" is a testament to how well they can hold up.

Buy it for as little as possible, your worst situation is major water damage and/or bad fridge. The rest is fixable easily and cheaply. Repairing or replacing the fridge will cost more than the trailer of 27 yrs is worth.

I paid $1800 for mine but in reality I paid $1000 too much and the trailer should have been s-c-r-a-p-ped. (boy the bad word editor sure is a bit over zealous now days)

I repaired and used mine for 5 yrs, found another trailer just a bit bigger and sold the Terry for $1800.. I put 9 months of my time and about $2,000 in materials.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't pay much more than $1,000.. any more and you wouldn't be able to recoup your money by parting out if it has hidden major water damage..