cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1990 Skyline Nomad M2521 weight

rupp49er
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, a buddy of mine is looking at a 25' Nomad TT and we won't get to see it until Saturday, I was wondering if anyone knows about what this thing might weigh and if he will be able to tow it with a 2003 GMC 1500 Extended Cab 4X4, I think it is a 5.3l V8...
2004 Fleetwood Gearbox 260 FS Toy Hauler,Party Animal interior, nice trailer horribly made by the crooks at Fleetwod, but its paid for and we love it, '99 Ford Super Duty, 7.3, 4" lift, almost broken in at 183K miles
4 REPLIES 4

zparnell
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1988 Skyline Nomad 26 Ft. I took it to a scale and weighed it loaded and was 4800 lbs. I felt I really needed to know to be comfortable. The sticker was damaged right where the weight was listed. I was a little surprised, I thought it would have been more.
2006 Wildwood 31BH
1988 Skyline Nomad
2000 Ford F250 Supercab 7.3

rupp49er
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the web page, no weights in there for the Nomad's or other older Skyline trailers...
2004 Fleetwood Gearbox 260 FS Toy Hauler,Party Animal interior, nice trailer horribly made by the crooks at Fleetwod, but its paid for and we love it, '99 Ford Super Duty, 7.3, 4" lift, almost broken in at 183K miles

rupp49er
Explorer
Explorer
4500 sounds about right. I was just trying to save some time since it is a bit of a drive to go see this thing, finding out when we get there and look at the tags and if it is too heavy is a waste of a Saturday! I think he is going to be fine, his truck is rated to pull 7000lbs...Thanks for the info!

rainy029
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 1992 25ft Chateau in Feburary. Weighs roughly 4,500lbs loaded. We were pulling it with a 2003 Silverado extended cab 4x4 but it was 4.3L V8...We have since traded in the truck and got a 3/4 ton Avalanche.... Our biggest issue with pulling was the payload. When it was just me, my husband and the 2 dogs it wasn't to bad. But when my 2 teenage daughters decided they wanted to go along too. The truck was maxed out. I could tell the difference in the truck. And I'm not the smartest cookie when it comes to hearing or feeling new things in the truck.

There is a web page for RV's at http://www.nadaguides.com/ IF you know the year of the TT it might give you a idea what your weight is.
1992 25ft Chataeu
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L