cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1993 Dodge Cummins potential purchase

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
My 90 year old uncle has a 93 Dodge Cummins 2 wheel drive club cab with an automatic. He bought it new.
I may have a chance to buy it. It has under 100k on it and have has maintained it well. The last 5 years or so it has not been driven much.
He has some people telling him it is a classic and is worth a LOT of money. But he thinks it may be worth 5000-8000 bucks.
We only tow a 6000 pound trailer so it would work well for us.
What do you think
Jesse
16 REPLIES 16

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Just sold my with over 400k on it. Had over 30 calls in 3 days. Mine ran great. Rust got it.Hard to find parts. 6000 plds would tow with easy

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I had one - bought it new. I don't know about being a "classic" but with a few cheap eng mods that thing will scream off the line.
Also, if it has the bucket seat option you'll be amazed how comfortable they are. They were THE most comfortable seats I have ever had in any vehicle.
It was a good truck overall. Pulls like a train although the trans didn't have a lock up converter and would add a lot of heat to the coolings system when towing. That can be remedied with a rebuild and/or swap to a newer 48RE trans and controller.
It worked fine for the weight is was spec'd for though.

We really enjoyed that truck. Heck, I'd probably still have it if it had a big back seat for our son.