cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 HOLIDAY RAMBLER SAVOY LX 32FKD BATTERY WIRING

MATAATX
Explorer
Explorer
GREETINGS, I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM. I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST TRAVEL TRAILER, ITS A 2006 HR SAVOY LX FKD32. I BOUGHT IT FROM A LADY WHO HAD TO SELL IT BECAUSE SHE HAD BOUGHT IT FOR HER SON AND HE IS NOW IN PRISON. AFTER THOROUGHLY CLEANING THE CAMPER I AM CONVINCED HER SON IS IN JAIL DUE TO DRUGS, I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.
MY FIRST ISSUE IS THAT I FOUND WIRES THAT ARE NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING JUST HANGING RIGHT WHERE THE BATTERY IS. THERE IS A TOTAL OF 4 WIRES, 1-RED ABOUT 12AWG,1-RED ABOUT 8-10AWG, 1-WHITE ABOUT 12AWG,1-WHITE ABOUT 8-10AWG. I HAVE ONLY POWERED THE CAMPER THROUGH THE BATTERY SO I'M NOT SURE IF EVERYTHING WORKS. WHEN I HOOK UP THE BATTERY ALL MY LIGHTS WORK, MY TANK MONITOR LIGHTS UP, WATER PUMP WORKS AND LIGHTS ON FRIG TURN ON. I DON'T HAVE PROPANE IN THE TANKS SO I HAVEN'T TESTED THE STOVE. THE PREVIOUS OWNER INFORMED ME THAT THE WATER HEATER DID NOT WORK SO I HAVE NOT TESTED THAT EITHER. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER FOR A SERVICE MANUAL OR WIRING DIAGRAM BUT THEY WERE NO HELP AT ALL.
MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THESE WIRES COULD BE FOR?
8 REPLIES 8

westhedgeapple
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2006 Holiday Savoy that I ordered new from the factory. The large Red and White wires are the factory prep for Solar Panels and the companion small red & white wires are the companion wires for the solar panel voltage monitor for the charge controller. The other end or the four is either under your air conditioner cover or the refrigerator vent up on the roof, they could be either place and hooked to nothing. I never added solar panels so mine still hang bundled up also. The whites are all tied together at that frame stud that is the common ground point for the whole trailer.

cockroach
Explorer
Explorer
A genset would be my best guess as well. Allowed for the kind of privacy that he probably needed to enjoy his recreational activities.
Good Health is merely the slowest way you can die !!!🙂

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
The hook things are for the chains on a weight distributing hitch. My bet for the square/rectangle that was in front of the hook was for a friction style sway control.

MATAATX
Explorer
Explorer

MATAATX
Explorer
Explorer
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN'T SEE THEM. THE FOUR WIRES THAT ARE NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING SEEM TO LEAD UP INTO THE CAP OF THE TRAILER. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE WIRES CAN BE FOR BECAUSE ALL MY LIGHTS WORK (INSIDE AN OUT),BOTH SLIDES,ELECTRIC JACK,WATER HEATER PILOT CLICKS, RANGE HOOD WORKS,WATER PUMP KICKS ON,BATHROOM FAN WORKS,FRIG LIGHTS UP,TANK MONITOR LIGHTS UP. I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY OTHER ITEM THAT IS ELECTRICAL ASIDE FORM THE AC(I KNOW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 12V SUPPLY). I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT TESTING THE CONVERTER WITH ONLY 12V SUPPLY. I WILL HAVE MY 50 AMP SERVICE HOOKED UP BY THIS WEEKEND SO HOPEFULLY I CAN FIGURE THIS ISSUE OUT. I ALSO INCLUDED A PICTURE OF SOME SORT OF HOOK ON THE FRAME NEAR THE TONGUE AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ITS FOR. I INCLUDED ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE FRAME JUST IN FRONT OF THAT HOOK LOOKING THING AND ITS OBVIOUS THAT SOME SORT OF RECTANGULAR OBJECT WAS MOUNTED (I'M WONDERING IF THE WIRES LED TO SOMETHING THAT WAS MOUNTED HERE). THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY RESPONSES.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
MATAATX wrote:
GREETINGS, I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM. I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST TRAVEL TRAILER, ITS A 2006 HR SAVOY LX FKD32. I BOUGHT IT FROM A LADY WHO HAD TO SELL IT BECAUSE SHE HAD BOUGHT IT FOR HER SON AND HE IS NOW IN PRISON. AFTER THOROUGHLY CLEANING THE CAMPER I AM CONVINCED HER SON IS IN JAIL DUE TO DRUGS, I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.
MY FIRST ISSUE IS THAT I FOUND WIRES THAT ARE NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING JUST HANGING RIGHT WHERE THE BATTERY IS. THERE IS A TOTAL OF 4 WIRES, 1-RED ABOUT 12AWG,1-RED ABOUT 8-10AWG, 1-WHITE ABOUT 12AWG,1-WHITE ABOUT 8-10AWG. I HAVE ONLY POWERED THE CAMPER THROUGH THE BATTERY SO I'M NOT SURE IF EVERYTHING WORKS. WHEN I HOOK UP THE BATTERY ALL MY LIGHTS WORK, MY TANK MONITOR LIGHTS UP, WATER PUMP WORKS AND LIGHTS ON FRIG TURN ON. I DON'T HAVE PROPANE IN THE TANKS SO I HAVEN'T TESTED THE STOVE. THE PREVIOUS OWNER INFORMED ME THAT THE WATER HEATER DID NOT WORK SO I HAVE NOT TESTED THAT EITHER. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER FOR A SERVICE MANUAL OR WIRING DIAGRAM BUT THEY WERE NO HELP AT ALL.
MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THESE WIRES COULD BE FOR?

Can you be a little more specific when you say "just hanging" and how many and what color wires are now actually attached to the battery. A lot of trailers from my reading prior posts several items might be powered directly to the battery like slide outs and electric tongue jacks. So if you were to say have a trailer with two slide outs, I can see potentially like 5 wires going to the + side of the battery, one for each slide out going to separate self setting CBs mounted near the battery and then on to each slide, one for the electric tongue jack but that should be obvious visually if there, and one that will go to another self setting CB mounted in the battery area with it's output going back to the converter and to the vehicle 7pin power connector, and one going to the 7pin vehicle charge ckt.

That white wire should be something to do with the ground and might either be one from the - battery to the frame, or to the 7pin TV ground, etc.

Many trailers have several of these small self setting CBs mounted in the battery/tongue area and a main junction box where some wires from the battery and the 7pin cable goes to and from there to the various TT ckts like lights, brakes, etc. Look around good including the outside floor of the trailer just behind the tongue and see if you can see anything with wires going into it and report back what you find with pics being a great help in identifying what ever you have.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
My guess would be wires to connect to a generator. I know I have some unconnected wires also and I believe I was told that's what they were for.

BYW, after creating engineering drawings for 36 years, all caps doesn't bother me as ASME Y14.2 suggests caps as the standard. Be prepared for someone to comment. 🙂
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

Moved from Forum Technical Support