cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My new toy.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
2015 Polaris Razor 900 Trail. I wanted to stay under 50" wide so it is legal on ATV trails. I had a '12 Razor with an 800 engine but was pretty anemic so I got rid of it. The '15 has all new frame, suspension and engine with 40% more power. It is FUN!!

Took a little break in cruise to Trinity Mtn Lookout. Dead ahead on top of the mtn!!

Climbing up.

The lookout.

The outhouse. Not for those with vertigo!!

You can see a lot from 9500'.

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.
20 REPLIES 20

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still an ATV guy for now. I've tried the sxs's but so far not interested. I have a Can-am Outlander 1000 with stage 4 Elkas. I'm not a mudder, I like to ride hard and fast.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
egarant wrote:
How are you hauling the RAZOR behind the TC? I am curious as I am exploring the purchase of one myself.

Thanks!

I used the wrong choice of works when I called the 800 anemic. It has plenty of power for FS roads and mtn trails. Where it disappointed me was at the St Anthony Sand Dunes. Low range was too slow to get up the dunes before getting stuck and it powered out in high range before reaching the top.

Headed back to St A's on the 23rd. Should see a difference!!!

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Bedlam
I haul a couple of side-by-side buggies in my 20' enclosed trailer. We just returned from a week on the Oregon coast. When we want to take just one, I have a small flat bed trailer.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Nice toy DJ, the HP increase is the big inprovement. I have a 05 ranger and love it, goes anywhere. Haul it on a 10X6 flatbed behind the TC.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice DJ, and a great location to use it in.

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Makes me want to get a TC so I can haul one of those things.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
egarant wrote:
How are you hauling the RAZOR behind the TC? I am curious as I am exploring the purchase of one myself.

Thanks!

Its only a Rhino 450 but its got plenty of get up and go for the two of us. I dont see how a Razor 800 could be anemic, unless the thing wasnt working right.When we do trails and off roading we arent looking for speed. Go too fast and you miss too much.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
We were in around Easter Moab for the Jeep Safari, we rented a Jeep to go and do some trails, the Razers we saw looked like they took the terrain much better that the Jeep, wished we had rented one,enjoy
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
egarant wrote:

Thanks!

OK so it's a 06 Rhino and a U haul, since replaced by a 14 ft flatbed but you get the idea.
Tork lift super hitch with 48" extension.

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III

Thanks!
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

GpnAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Nice toy DJ, you should have a blast with that. We have a 2008' RZR 800cc, while not anemic, it's still not as fast or cool as the new ones. I like the pic of the outhouse on the side of the hill. Have fun and be safe with the new toy!
2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't get remote enough with the truck camper ? :B

Looks great, good luck with it and have fun . Nice photos DJ .

Bob

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Cool! We had one several years ago when they first came out and were red or OSU (Oklahoma State University) Orange and Black. LOL loved it, retired and needed cash, sold to our son so I could still use it in winter to haul hay to my horse. He locked it up then sold it and bought a new 15 and needless to say keeps it locked up! Gotta love him, just don't like him much. We used the original in Colorado and loved it! Enjoy.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Nice! I look forward to more of your great trip reports.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed