cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Hummer H3

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly going to have to get a new tow car to tow 4 down. Looking to replace with a 4wd. A local dealer has a 2006 H3 Hummer. It has tow hooks on the front of it, which are standard on all H3s. Not sure how they could hook up to a tow bar. Are these hooks useable or can they be switched out to fit our existing blue Ox tow bar, or do you need to add a baseplate. It's curb weight is 4700, with our maxim an being 5000 pounds. Was hoping to find something someway ready to tow.
5 REPLIES 5

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk hit the nail on the head. IF you want a Hummer, go with a H2 which is built on the full size truck chassis, not the mini truck chassis. Or, just get a nice crew cab 4x4 truck and have a much better platform for both a toad and a useful truck.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
Just like the rest of a H3, the hooks are all show, no go.

How so?

It's a hyped up Canyon with lots of "glitz" bolted on. Underpowered, horrific fuel economy for what you get, a whopping 3000 tow capacity. There's so many more capable SUVs and off road vehicles available. The h3 is for those who want to drive down the road screaming "look at me!"

A friend sold an one Tundra with 350,000 miles on it and bought a used H3. He regrets it every day.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
jfkmk wrote:
Just like the rest of a H3, the hooks are all show, no go.

How so?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Just like the rest of a H3, the hooks are all show, no go. I wouldn't trust them for anything other than looks.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I would call Blue Ox and ask them.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141