cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Rockwood Roof Replacement

LittleTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2006 Rockwood Ultralite. The roof has some water damage and we want to repair with new luan panels and rubber membrane. My question is that since this roof is a vacuum bonded roof, are there any rafters to attach the new material or can we modify and put rafters with roll insulation, since I do not have a vacuum press to bond a new roof? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
LittleTraveler wrote:
We thought about just tearing out the damaged luan and sheeting over , but the interior luan sits on top of the wall, so I was concerned with how to attached it to the old luan. Maybe some adhesive and trim molding. We were looking at using a TPO membrane from Alpha. Has anyone used this product? Thank for the suggestions!

Let me know how the interior fix goes and what you did. I have some water damage inside the back left section above the bunks. Would like to fix as some point but just have not gotten there yet and would like some feedback on how your fix goes.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone used rexoflex roof repair

LittleTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We thought about just tearing out the damaged luan and sheeting over , but the interior luan sits on top of the wall, so I was concerned with how to attached it to the old luan. Maybe some adhesive and trim molding. We were looking at using a TPO membrane from Alpha. Has anyone used this product? Thank for the suggestions!

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Google RV Flex Armor.
03, Fleetwood Expedition, 39Z
300HP Cummins, 6 Speed Allison
2013, Jeep Wrangler Sport

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your endeavour! I can't offer you any help to your question, but want to through out a suggestion to you... Consider alternative roofing ideas, rather than the standard EPDM material. There is a member here Edatlanta (or something like that) that had a spray on material, similar to bedliner, but specifically made for RV roofs, and he LOVES it.

EPDM is a great product for manufacturers... it is cheap, easy to install and lasts long enough for most RV owners not to complain about. However, if I was going to replace an entire roof system, I don't think I would go back to EPDM. I believe the material is from rvroof.com
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

westend
Explorer
Explorer
There are rafters. It may be possible to remove the roof sheeting but it is going to be a chore and a mess. If the luan is also attached to the foam, you are in for a real struggle.

An alternative way to repair this may be to attach new plywood sheeting onto the damaged sheeting that exists. Typically the damage will be contained to just a few small areas. If the original sheeting is really bad, pull and repair that and then overlay with the rest.

I know they sell roof membrane kits that will have the membrane and the adhesive to apply but if you buy EPDM and adhesive at a roofing supplier, you will save money.

Good luck with the roof repair.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton