Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 Crossroads Cruiser M-32SB

gabriela
Explorer
Explorer
Hello TTers:

I am considering the purchase of a 2007 Crossroads Cruiser M-32SB which is in mint condition (was hardly used) with 2 slides (has the slide toppers). I would buy a truck for it--thinking a used Dodge Ram 2500 SD, Chevy Silverado 2500 SD or a Ford 250F SD.

Here are my questions:

1. Is this a high-quality travel trailer? I've read the threads, and what I can find is owners seem pretty happy with it. They have found some leaking issues on the outside around the window (one person), but generally, no internal leaks. One person said the A/C is really loud and the TV too soft. Other than that, very minor issues.

2. I have been told that as a solo woman traveller, I will find it nearly impossible to park this thing unaided. I think they may be right on that. Now I can practice (I have access to big empty parking lots in my community where I could practice), but if there are trees on every side of me in a trailer park, yeah, I want some helpers. I have been advised to carry a walky-talky so the helper can hear me and visa versa (in case we can't get a cell phone signal, for instance).

In general, I will always make sure to arrive at my destination before dark. Still, I think I would need assistance to park. Now I'd try to arrange that in advance as I book the trailer park (make sure there's someone who can help me) or network enough to know someone is there to assist (I'd join Good Sam's, for instance).

So, are any women doing this solo? Surely there are some out there.

3. As far as hitch and unhitch, I'd get all the gizmos like the i-ball and add a back-up camera (I am assuming that can be done). I'd get anti-sway bars and weight-distribution bars and special new fangled hitches and the tool that lets you hand crank the trailer toward the hitch. Even with all that special equipment, is this a pipe dream? I am going to the RV show in Hershey and will be stopping by all the vendors booths to get "instructed" on these special devices. So, is this do-able, folks? I am highly motivated.

Any advice appreciated.

Sincerely, Gabriela
2 REPLIES 2

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
There are a lot of single women out there on the roads towing large RV'S. The fact that you are a woman has absolutely no influence on whether you should be doing this. What does factor in is your experience, your ability to safely tow, set up sand maintain the unit.
If this is your first RV then I would either start with something smaller or have a very experienced person teach you how to tow an RV properly and safely.
If this is your first RV then there are many things you will have to learn and the majority will be learned by being taught and doing either the right way or wrong.
In saying these things I don't want to discourage you from you dream. Just make sure you not only know what you are doing but feel safe and comfortable doing so.
Good luck and enjoy your future travels.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
If you never towed a camper of this size before you may be in for a big suprise...

Dont whan to see you put yourself or anyone else in danger....

Maybe start out smaller would be my opinion...

This is based on your post that you may not have the skill set for such a large trailer....

Here is the trailer in question........

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh