cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Amerilite 21mb

depdawg
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are finally wanting to get back to camping. The kids are grown and out on their own. We've had various campers over the years. We've been looking for some time now and have found a 2012 Amerilte 21MB. The asking price is $11500, private seller, but has said he will take $10,500. Never had experience with this brand name and wanted to ask about the reliability of this brand. I haven't found any good or bad reviews about this brand or particular model. It is a front island queen with rear bath, no slides.

Also, I know this is kind of a general question, if anyone has this camper, if the price is in line for this year and model?

Thanks
2001 Ford F-250 PSD Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26 BHS
7 REPLIES 7

depdawg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your advice. We did purchase a camper this past weekend, but not this one.
2001 Ford F-250 PSD Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26 BHS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love the set up. I wish I could find one in my area. It's just what I'm looking for my girlfriend and myself.

As for price ? Prices on TT very from one area to another. I just looked at a 35 year old TT in my area and they wanted 2800 dollars for it. That is the only reference point I can give you. I don't know what the newer ones cost around here.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds high to me, not a fan of Gulfstream quality.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 21 mble. We bought it about 3 years ago in extremely good condition, rv port kept, it's whole life with very little use for $6500.
Had to replace a circuit board on the ref, and have made LOTS of modifications, but have not had any issues with it.
I'd buy another one. I also think that may be over priced, but Nada would be the way to go.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

bsbeedub
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Amerilite 23BW by Gulf Stream. While it is not your model, the brand and quality are on par with all others. We have not had one major problem and have been very satisfied with ours.
I agree with the others that it is overpriced from that seller. Ours was approximately $13,500 new in 2010 and the next size up from the 21MB. I''m familiar with that trailer since we were considering it when we bought ours. As Coolmom says I don't think I would pay over $9500 either. It may be in good shape but it's unlikely it's in prime shape.
Bob & Susan
Shelby the Beagle June 8, 2005 - Dec. 24, 2016
2018 Ram 3500 6.4 HEMI, long bed, 4.10โ€™s
2021 Coachman Chaparral Lite 25 RE
2011 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 23BW - retired
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - retired

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those are pretty decent trailers, and decent for a couple. $11,500 is way too much for a 6 yr old trailer that probably wasn't $20K to start with. I wouldn't give more than $9500, and that only if it was in prime condition.

ExBF and I had one, and it was very comfortable and a good size.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
NADA does have that unit in their system, you can check there, out of curiosity I guessed as to equipment and used my Zip and got a range from $8240 - $10120
Not knowing the condition or your market, the rest is your call.