cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 GM IBC work with 5er disc brakes?

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Silverado 3500 and are considering purchasing a new 5er with disc brakes. Will the integrated brake controller work with disc brakes? It’s worked great with electric brakes for the last 5yrs and I hope changing to disc brakes will be seamless.
Thanks
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several companies make the required adapters or you can go to an RV salvage place and pickup and old electric brake magnet and wire it into the brake control line. GM's are looking for the low resistance of the magnets before they will pass any current to operate the brakes. This has been fixed in the 17/18s.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
12th Man Fan wrote:
Not without a resistor. I can't of what it is called but easy to find cost about 90 bucks.( has to be wired into the brake system of the trailer. easy to do)

X2, wired it near the pump and mounting it on the basement storage wall. No changes to the truck or IBC.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Not without a resistor. I can't of what it is called but easy to find cost about 90 bucks.( has to be wired into the brake system of the trailer. easy to do)
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition