cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014, redo, foam in Dinnette Cushions

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
During our 2014 trip I found that my bones were quickly pushing through the foam on the dinnette seats... to the point that my rear end hurt.

I am more than 50 pounds lighter than I was just a few years ago.... it had to be worn out foam.

When we got home from our coastal trip from Lake Charles area to South Padre Island I made an upgrade my priority.

I'm pretty sure that a few of you might benifit by upgrading yours.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare
58 REPLIES 58

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to reassemble inside the old covers...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't waste much...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Did I say that it is a big job?

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
The last one... the glue became tacky and I got it assembled

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
You will need...

especially if you are going to do a composite build up like I have here

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
The spray glue has different widths to chose from...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I am cutting it close... the glue doesn't go as far as I thought.... it ran out ant the exact best possible time.... luck is getting better...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
One to go...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
At this point I'm feeling better about this project... Janet is sleeping in the recliner.... recovering from surgery... I can see her through the picture window... getting stuff done... waiting for the glue fumes to off gas...

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I have 4 cushions... and they'll be at different stages in the process... one may get finished while another is just getting started..

the pictures were of secondary importsnce st the ime... but you are getting them about like I was working.

I'll have some trimming of the white "comfort" strips

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
this is where I sprat glued the surfaces of the foam... after it gets tacky I'll put the pieced together....

The brown under the foam is cardboard... to keep the glue off of the porch.

the glue has a srong,smell and is very flamable.... do it outside

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I had the supplier make any cuts that I could get them to understand... then I did the detail cuts with an electric carving knife.... that I borrowed from a friend

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
The new foam...

Unpacked and allowed to expand to normal.... it was very compressed when it came.