cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 F-150, have you heard?

Yongkie
Explorer
Explorer
The search for trucks for my light TC continues. I just called Camplite or LivinLite in Wakarusa, Indiana. I was told that this truck might be available in 2015?

Ford F-150 Extended cab with short bed and it has a payload capacity of about 2,200 lbs. If this is the case, then it will be perfect for my Camplite 6.8 C (still thinking?

The 2014 F-150 has a capacity of only 1710 lbs. Mike from Mello Mike suggested that I get F-250 which makes sense sinceI will overload it with the current configuration of the current Ford F-150.

Yongkie
Yongkie
Alaska Tour 2006
(May 20th through July 1st)
8 REPLIES 8

Marshfly
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
michigancougar wrote:
not sure why but my new ram 2500 said it isn't recommended with a tc - what the heck - I would think it would be great - I have a 5er but thought that note in the paperwork was strange

Does it have the snow plow prep package?

Read about this warning in Truck Camper Magazine that came out today.

Sorry, but the only difference in a new Ram 3500 with snow plow prep package and a normal truck is a large alternator and a front differential skid plate. Not recommended is not the same as do not or forbidden. It a CYA from Ram so someone doesn't carry a camper and plow at the same time. I specifically ordered my 2014 3500 with the snow plow package as it was the cheapest way to get both the skid plate and the larger alternator. It carries my Lance 855 on stock suspension just fine.

Yongkie
Explorer
Explorer
Mkirsch,

Many thanks, we will see if that is the case, I will get that for my Camplite 6.8.

Also thank you for all the advice and replies

Yongkie
Yongkie
Alaska Tour 2006
(May 20th through July 1st)

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
The 2015 F150 will have an aluminum body, and is rumored to weigh up to 750lbs less than the 2014 model, depending on body style and trim.

This is where the 2200lb payload capacity comes from.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yongkie wrote:
The search for trucks for my light TC continues. I just called Camplite or LivinLite in Wakarusa, Indiana. I was told that this truck might be available in 2015?

Ford F-150 Extended cab with short bed and it has a payload capacity of about 2,200 lbs. If this is the case, then it will be perfect for my Camplite 6.8 C (still thinking?

The 2014 F-150 has a capacity of only 1710 lbs. Mike from Mello Mike suggested that I get F-250 which makes sense sinceI will overload it with the current configuration of the current Ford F-150.

Yongkie

2200lbs sounds like up in the old 3/4 ton range from years past. Hope ya find what you're after, though I wouldn't try reinventing the wheel to get it if you can accomplish your goal for a 1/4 of the cost with a lightly used 3/4 ton with a smaller rear gear ratio.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

realter
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
michigancougar wrote:
not sure why but my new ram 2500 said it isn't recommended with a tc - what the heck - I would think it would be great - I have a 5er but thought that note in the paperwork was strange

Read about this warning in Truck Camper Magazine that came out today.

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the spec I believe you can get a payload capacity of up to 3120 lbs on the 2015 F150!

Ecoboost engine looks good (performance and especially economy).

Payload spec

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
michigancougar wrote:

Bob

michigancougar
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
Pullrite Superglide mounted on Reese picture frame to factory ram pucks
one wonderful traveling companion - my wife