2018 Titan vs Ford F150 XD

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy and box it out all you Nissan and Ford fans
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
47 REPLIES 47

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
I wish they would have tested the Nissan against the ford 5.0 instead of the ecoboost. That would be a gas V8 comparison instead of a turbocharged V6 that we all know can fly up the hill pretty easy.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting test. I like TFL, think they do good comparisons. The Ford 3.5 twin turbo, eco boost certainly has lots of jam and at high altitudes as per the test, those turbos are really good. Although the Nissan with it's 390 hp V8 is no slouch, it's not turbo'd, but in it's favour it has that nice V8 exhaust note.

But in terms of truck braking, stability and capacity the Nissan Titan with it's half ton 'Plus' suspension seemed to carry the day for towing at that weight level.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
F-150 all the way for me! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes