cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Eco Diesel

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting interview on power, emissions compliance and the Italian engineer dodged the big question on how long will the Eco Diesel last (Thanks to Mr. Truck).

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
18 REPLIES 18

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
p220sigman wrote:
Do any of the manufacturers give a definitive answer on how long their vehicle will last? I only ask because I've never heard one say it will last for 250K miles or 200K, etc. My answer to quality and longevity claims by manufacturers is that if they have so much confidence, why are the basic warranties still 3 year/36K miles for the majority of makes. Also, I don't know of any that have a power train warranty over 100K miles. If they have that level of confidence, let them put their money on the line. Until then, there isn't any difference between them in my eyes. Of course I'm not remotely brand loyal so there is that.

Only in commercial trucks and it costs an arm and a leg but then so do the engines and labor charges associated with them.

If it goes 36K, it will probably go 136K.

I have a good friend who runs coast to coast for Fed-Ex. Turns 100K in 2.5 years on a truck.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of the manufacturers give a definitive answer on how long their vehicle will last? I only ask because I've never heard one say it will last for 250K miles or 200K, etc. My answer to quality and longevity claims by manufacturers is that if they have so much confidence, why are the basic warranties still 3 year/36K miles for the majority of makes. Also, I don't know of any that have a power train warranty over 100K miles. If they have that level of confidence, let them put their money on the line. Until then, there isn't any difference between them in my eyes. Of course I'm not remotely brand loyal so there is that.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Does it really matter (longevity past 150K miles)???)

I think longevity will come into play when it's time to sell/trade.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I should have known it would be the 2 fat guys YT channel....

Does it really matter (longevity past 150K miles)???) Most people don't keep a truck that long except maybe me with my 1997 F350 7.3 Powerstroke that runs just fine.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB