cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2022 HD trucks delivery date

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have ordered a new 2022 HD truck, what delivery date have you gotten from your dealer? I ordered a HD Silverado Duramax last week and had him wright into the contract that I get my deposit back if not delivered by January 1st. I am thinking I am going to get my deposit back!
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier
62 REPLIES 62

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:

I know the sky is falling .

It is? Sitting under it now having my coffee, looks like it's still at the same altitude to me. Hopefully the air pressure in your cranium may be keeping it up there lol.

:B

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:

It is? Sitting under it now having my coffee, looks like it's still at the same altitude to me. Hopefully the air pressure in your cranium may be keeping it up there lol.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:

No you didnโ€™t , but you missed the point . Itโ€™s a figure if speech , here we go again , some relative said this or that , so I suppose reading it here on the internet, itโ€™s got to be true . :R

Really? I guess I'll still take the advice of the gal who is a VP in the core electrical architecture division out in Dearborn with over 15 years under her belt at FMCO, who holds a masters degree from CMU.

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:

No you didnโ€™t , but you missed the point . Itโ€™s a figure if speech , here we go again , some relative said this or that , so I suppose reading it here on the internet, itโ€™s got to be true . :R

Really? I guess I'll still take the advice of the gal who is a VP in the core electrical architecture division out in Dearborn with over 15 years under her belt at FMCO, who holds a masters degree from CMU.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
I have 3 family members who have worked for Ford a combined total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+ years. Their take is don't buy anything affected by the current shortages. Semiconductors, and other components, are being used which are from various sources and not the ones the trucks and systems were designed around. Take your chances I guess but with the amount of electronics in new vehicles, I'll pass until this passes unless I have no choice. I've had a vehicle with electronic problems before this current foolishness and it wasnt a picnic. It took a dozen trips to the service department over 7 months and it was finally resolved by them having a Ford electronics guru fly in who solved it.

And here we go again , because some relative said so . Iโ€™ll have my son get back to you with any issues .

Again? Interesting! I don't believe I've posted anything prior about a relative saying anything.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:

Sons new 2022 Superduty Lariat is sitting at the dealers lot ,ready to pick up. nice truck. A little jealousy ,but no desire right now to dump 80K on a new truck . Old Ram Laramie is good enough.

Hope your son enjoys his new truck!

Just a tip: Look at it, sit in it, but don't take it for a drive. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope all is well with you!

Jerry

Allโ€™s well , thanks for asking. Hope the same for you .

I have driven that same truck but a 2021 , Iโ€™ll be honest it didnโ€™t do that much for me , I thought Iโ€™d be more impressed . Definitely a few more options, like the adaptive cruise, but IMO that 2014 Ram of mine gets it done nicely . Itโ€™s just a bit of new truck jealously,:B

My other son is a Ram guy, heโ€™s had three of them , thatโ€™s what got me into one .Heโ€™s been looking for a new one .They are hard to come by , probably going to have to order one.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve been offered more than I paid for my truck several times now, but sheโ€™s paid for and Iโ€™m keeping her. That said, if I could have convinced my better half to sell the fiver for more than we paid for it, which we could have easily done, thereโ€™s a good chance that the Ram would have been gone too.:)
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I had adaptive steering on my previous F350. For 2021 the adaptive steering was optional and I didn't think it was anything I'd miss so I ordered mine without. I really don't notice any difference from my 2017 to my 21... certainly not something I'd be willing to pay $1250 for.

My son dropped the adaptive steering awhile back on his order, he got a build date for the week of 9/20, and a VIN#. Just got an email this morning , truck is built , and will be delivered Oct 4-10 to the dealer. Happened pretty quick after the adaptive steering was dropped . His initial order was in April , so it was still nearly six months .

Sons new 2022 Superduty Lariat is sitting at the dealers lot ,ready to pick up. nice truck. A little jealousy ,but no desire right now to dump 80K on a new truck . Old Ram Laramie is good enough.

I have a saying...... "Good Enough For Who It's For"
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
I have 3 family members who have worked for Ford a combined total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+ years. Their take is don't buy anything affected by the current shortages. Semiconductors, and other components, are being used which are from various sources and not the ones the trucks and systems were designed around. Take your chances I guess but with the amount of electronics in new vehicles, I'll pass until this passes unless I have no choice. I've had a vehicle with electronic problems before this current foolishness and it wasnt a picnic. It took a dozen trips to the service department over 7 months and it was finally resolved by them having a Ford electronics guru fly in who solved it.

And here we go again , because some relative said so . Iโ€™ll have my son get back to you with any issues .

Again? Interesting! I don't believe I've posted anything prior about a relative saying anything.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
cummins2014 wrote:

Hope your son enjoys his new truck!

Just a tip: Look at it, sit in it, but don't take it for a drive. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope all is well with you!

Jerry

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:

MikeRP
Explorer
Explorer
Unobtanium wrote:

Good advice! I have been contemplating selling my Ram and have been offered $2000 more than I paid for it. I have not thought about the possibility that the semi conductors are not fully compatible. Iโ€™ll keep my Ram.

Thanks!

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I had adaptive steering on my previous F350. For 2021 the adaptive steering was optional and I didn't think it was anything I'd miss so I ordered mine without. I really don't notice any difference from my 2017 to my 21... certainly not something I'd be willing to pay $1250 for.

My son dropped the adaptive steering awhile back on his order, he got a build date for the week of 9/20, and a VIN#. Just got an email this morning , truck is built , and will be delivered Oct 4-10 to the dealer. Happened pretty quick after the adaptive steering was dropped . His initial order was in April , so it was still nearly six months .