cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 HD trucks delivery date

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have ordered a new 2022 HD truck, what delivery date have you gotten from your dealer? I ordered a HD Silverado Duramax last week and had him wright into the contract that I get my deposit back if not delivered by January 1st. I am thinking I am going to get my deposit back!
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier
62 REPLIES 62

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
I had adaptive steering on my previous F350. For 2021 the adaptive steering was optional and I didn't think it was anything I'd miss so I ordered mine without. I really don't notice any difference from my 2017 to my 21... certainly not something I'd be willing to pay $1250 for.

My son dropped the adaptive steering awhile back on his order, he got a build date for the week of 9/20, and a VIN#. Just got an email this morning , truck is built , and will be delivered Oct 4-10 to the dealer. Happened pretty quick after the adaptive steering was dropped . His initial order was in April , so it was still nearly six months .

Per note from Ford on Thursday 9/9/2021 -

On Thursday, September 9, only retail orders will be selected for Scheduling

Super Duty with Adaptive Steering - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, WE WILL NOT BE SCHEDULING THE FOLLOWING MY 22 SUPER DUTY CONFIGURATIONS:
* Lariat With Adaptive Steering ( 60a ) ( Including Lariat Tremor Package equipped with Adaptive Steering )
* Platinum With Adatptive Steering ( 60A ) Including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering
* Limited
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had adaptive steering on my previous F350. For 2021 the adaptive steering was optional and I didn't think it was anything I'd miss so I ordered mine without. I really don't notice any difference from my 2017 to my 21... certainly not something I'd be willing to pay $1250 for.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:
Groover wrote:
"Unless I am mistaken ,adaptive steering is a vibrating steering wheel when wandering out of your lane"

You are thinking of lane keeping assist.

Adaptive steering turns the front wheels more for each turn of the steering wheel so that you don't have to turn the wheel so much while parking but still have good control at high speed.

Ford adaptive steering

Got it ,no experience when I drove the 2021 ford Superduty with adaptive cruise nor steering , it was the lane keeping assist I didn't care for.

I find lane keeping to be annoying most of the time but use it for some extra help when I am tired or have a distraction like reaching a snack on a long trip. Mine is from 2016, I am hoping that the newer versions are more useful.

Sometimes mine will trigger an alarm when driving on a straight road just because I haven't had to turn the wheel in a while and it thinks that I have gone to sleep.

MikeRP
Explorer
Explorer
I have the works on my 2020 Ram 3500 Longhorn. The adaptive steering keeps the force to turn about the same at highway speeds or driving 3 mph through a field. Once you use it on a Ram you’re spoiled. Any other truck you get into feels like you don’t have power steering.

The lane keep assist has made me a better driver from the stand point that I use my turn signal more religiously.

The adaptive cruise control has already kept me out of one or two accidents. It just hits the brakes while I’m still reacting to the situation ahead of me.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
"Unless I am mistaken ,adaptive steering is a vibrating steering wheel when wandering out of your lane"

Adaptive steering turns the front wheels more for each turn of the steering wheel so that you don't have to turn the wheel so much while parking but still have good control at high speed.

Ford adaptive steering

Got it ,no experience when I drove the 2021 ford Superduty with adaptive cruise nor steering , it was the lane keeping assist I didn't care for.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
Not only are these vehicles sitting for months on end with no chips, I had heard that they are having some issues with the new chips they are getting. A truck shop around here won't tune any new diesels with these new chips as they said they few they did had nothing but problems.

And how does every single vehicle manufacturer not only become so dependent one one supplier, it amazes me no one has stepped up to start producing these chips? Seems like some tech company out there would start making these. I smell a startup.

It sounds like few startups could afford to build a new semiconductor plant. However, Samsung is talking seriously about building a $17 billion dollar plant in Texas. If I had to guess it will be about 2 years before we see much production from it though.

Samsung's new plant

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
"As far as adaptive cruise goes, its okay"

I really like mine though I do use it more when not trailer pulling. Mine is a 2016 model but the newer ones that work in stop and go traffic are terrific when traffic gets backed up on the interstate. I really like the idea of having a continuous watch on the car in front of me with nearly instantaneous braking in braking situations. I do wish that Ford could make it a little smoother though.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II

Ford adaptive steering

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Travlingman wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

MSRP on highest was $79,285.00... signed for it at $ 71,000.00

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..

Thanks . Ya its a Ford Lariat , he knew about the adaptive cruise , and canceled it .

Adaptive cruise or Adaptive steering? Either way I would want both but I guess if it makes a difference between getting a truck or not you have to make a choice.

It's adaptive Steering that is holding the up.... They are on indefinite HOLD

I have driven a 21 Ford with the adaptive steering, I can live without that , to me its actually annoying. As far as adaptive cruise goes, its okay, but in traffic I don't use cruise much , so I would have to have more experience with it to know if I would like it . Losing both those options wouldn't bother me . I would assume both can be shut off ?? Its kinda like the horn honking when you lock your vehicle as you walk away, I have mine shut off, so all I see is the lights flashing if I do happen to use it .

How is adaptive steering annoying?

Unless I am mistaken ,adaptive steering is a vibrating steering wheel when wandering out of your lane , correct , unless you have your turn signal on ??? I didn't like the vibration or shaking or whatever it was doing if that's adaptive steering . I assume you have it , and like it ???. I would probably enable it if that's possible, or may be I would get used to it, if I had it. At this point I wouldn't order it ,can't miss what I never had .

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..

Thanks . Ya its a Ford Lariat , he knew about the adaptive cruise , and canceled it .

Adaptive cruise or Adaptive steering? Either way I would want both but I guess if it makes a difference between getting a truck or not you have to make a choice.

I have driven a 21 Ford with the adaptive steering, I can live without that , to me its actually annoying. As far as adaptive cruise goes, its okay, but in traffic I don't use cruise much , so I would have to have more experience with it to know if I would like it . Losing both those options wouldn't bother me . I would assume both can be shut off ?? Its kinda like the horn honking when you lock your vehicle as you walk away, I have mine shut off, so all I see is the lights flashing if I do happen to use it .

How is adaptive steering annoying?
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ACZL wrote:
My wife has asked the same question: "Why can't WE make the chips here in the USA instead of relying on China?"

We can and should!!! Same with prescription drugs.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD