cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 Truck Camper Manufacturers ... Wow!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was surprised how many manufacturers there are now. Isn’t this even more than than almost any time in the past decade?

Article with List of Manufacturers with their Websites

Good job, Mellow Mike.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member
16 REPLIES 16

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
I was surprised how many manufacturers there are now. Isn’t this even more than than almost any time in the past decade?

Article with List of Manufacturers with their Websites

Good job, Mellow Mike.

I like Mike and his website. Looks like a complete list. Nice to see everyone represented. 🙂

Mike offered to feature my camper and solar in an issue. Ultimately I didn't take him up but I like how he features regular owners and their campers often.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the number of them is the big problem.
Every few years new "backyard shop" starts making TC, they sell them and when warranty claims pile-up, they close the door.
For comparison Country Coach is the only big bus conversions manufacturer and they have rock-solid reputation for decades.
No TC manufacturer makes aluminium body.
I did own Airstream camper, I did own bus with stainless steel siding and I would love to own aluminium TC.
The only available are very old Avons and they come in too small sizes for me.
You'd think that with $80,000 pricing on new campers somebody would like to make lasting design?