cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'4' seasons no slide 25' or less OAL TT options

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
We're firmly in the 'less is more' camp. Our current TT works pretty well, however holding tanks are piddly, fridge is small.. no oven.. un-heaated tanks.. single axle, no room for more batteries (maybe fit a G31..maybe). We're planning on upgrading next season, so I thought I'd ask here for any other manufacturers I should look into. There are just too dang many to keep track!

Our current short list is:

Northwoods Nash 17k
ORV Black Rock 17B
ORV Black Rock 19B

Are there other manufacturers I should look at? There are a lot of trade-offs we have to consider so the more options the better.

We'd like to keep it to around 7,000# as well, shouldn't be hard with the sizes we're looking at.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT
15 REPLIES 15

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
If I could find a Nash 18L, I'd jump on it. But they don't come up for sale often.
Bob

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
B-n-B wrote:
Something to consider:

http://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-flight/23rb/
OAL 27' 2", too long, even the 21B is over 25'. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I've already reviewed all of the Jayco offerings... however now that I'm there I'll look around again just to be sure.
2013 Econ 16RB TT

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Something to consider:

http://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-flight/23rb/
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
ok, TNX Mike, nice mod.

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:

Nice large rear window , it opens things up.
The chairs instead of a dinette, is that a Creekside option on that floorplan or is it your mod ? Is there a table to go with the chairs ? I like the full time island bed .

The chairs are a mod that we did. We prefer the comfy recliners, so we removed the dinette and added the recliners. They are swivel rocking recliners, so it is easy to turn around to look out the window. We bought them at a local furniture store. We shopped for the smallest recliners we could find. The backs come off of the chairs, this helped with getting them through the door. We have a small folding table that we use when eating inside.
2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
We don't need more space (our Econ 16RB is plenty spacious). We primarily need enclosed/larger tanks, larger fridge, more kitchen (3 burner stove, oven) and a tough chassis. There are a lot of little 'nice' things, however many of those (power tongue jack, solar, tank flush and the like) could be retrofitted to our existing trailer.

Primary goal of this thread was to try and make sure I consider all options, we've had the Nash 17k in #1 position on our 'list' for 2 years now.. however RV's keep on changing.

Thanks for the suggestions..
2013 Econ 16RB TT

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned AF/Nash are good units as well (Snow River is their newest brand). AF/Nash and Outdoors RV all share the same Northwoods chassis, and most of their build methods are similar now. However, ORV does use a larger percentage of Lippert components, and those have been the source of nearly all problems with my trailer. Mostly slide out related, but jacks as well. Since you are skipping on the slide-out, at least jacks are easy to upgrade. Luckily my Lippert tongue jack failed at the ORV factory (which I stopped out to have my failed Lippert slide-out system replaced). I replaced the rear two Lippert jacks in my driveway, and now my added Lippert center jacks have failed.....
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the 17k and it feels too cramped for space with the mid-bath.

Something with a sitting area is nice, so you can lounge inside rather than be stuck at the dinette when inside, like if the weather is bad (or cold). I want a sofa.

Here's the Nash 22K I stumbled across the other day: http://spokane.craigslist.org/rvs/5639934793.html
The 22H has a sofa and a more open floor plan
Bob

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
MikeInOregon wrote:
We have been happy with our Creekside 20FQ made by Outdoors RV. It has a 60 gallon fresh water tank, 40 gray and 40 black. We have two 6 volt GC2 AGM batteries on the tongue. We really like that the bedroom is in the front with the kitchen and bathroom in the middle which provides separation from the living room area in the back. Many small and mid-size trailers feel like a studio apartment, the Creekside feels like a one bedroom apartment. Also, the large rear window is great. This is a picture from a recent camping trip in central Oregon.

Nice large rear window , it opens things up.
The chairs instead of a dinette, is that a Creekside option on that floorplan or is it your mod ? Is there a table to go with the chairs ? I like the full time island bed .

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
25' is the max I'm interested in. It's way more than we need, only reason I'm even considering that large is to have more floor plan options.
2013 Econ 16RB TT

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
braindead0 wrote:
Thanks, appreciate the suggestions.

Outdoors RV is it possible to go to 26/27 ft bumper to ball ?

'creekside' :C

heres why discussion

I have this same floorplan in a Jayco and so far, it is working very well. I picked the Jayco because it had a reversed bathroom which allowed me to add a second toilet in front of the wardrobe.

Advantage because I camp in state parks and friends properties with no sewer hookups. The bathroom is large, so I installed a non tipping floor mount for a CURVE electric (battery operated flush) porta potty in addition to the OEM toilet.
Yes, I have 2 toilets in my bathroom. I can have guests over and play cards or board games. It gives the term "its your turn to go" another meaning :B .
This allows me to dump a 5 gal. container in any toilet/outhouse and has saved me trips to dump stations.
This mod came from my boondocking days with a cassette toilet.

http://www.thompsonrvinc.com/New-Inventory-2016-Outdoors-RV-Creek-Side-22RB-Pendleton-Oregon-869573

This model floorplan tows real nice, easy to maneuver into tight spots like campsites and fuel stops. Has a lot of storage, but its well balanced. Be careful to not overload it, you get up to max gross fast because you have the space. The DVD/tv can be viewed easily from dinette, sofa and bed.

Yabbut
Explorer
Explorer
You should check out the Arctic Fox 22G. GVWR is 7,500 lb, but dry weight is under 5,000 so it should be easy enough to keep it under 7,000 loaded.

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, appreciate the suggestions.
2013 Econ 16RB TT

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
We have been happy with our Creekside 20FQ made by Outdoors RV. It has a 60 gallon fresh water tank, 40 gray and 40 black. We have two 6 volt GC2 AGM batteries on the tongue. We really like that the bedroom is in the front with the kitchen and bathroom in the middle which provides separation from the living room area in the back. Many small and mid-size trailers feel like a studio apartment, the Creekside feels like a one bedroom apartment. Also, the large rear window is great. This is a picture from a recent camping trip in central Oregon.

2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch